The Flight

I boarded my plane and put my stuff up happily. It was time to start my new life in LA, completely leaving my parents and friends... Well friend. I sat next to the window and listened to the sound of families and business people boarding the plane, a crying baby in the background. Somehow it made me smile. 'Good luck bby!' I read a text from my best and only friend, Sasha.
'Thx, on plane waiting for everyone to board.. I'm gonna miss u :(' I sighed and put it in my pocket.

As everyone started getting in and the pilot said to get ready for takeoff, a man ran the hall and stopped next to me breathing heavy. He shoved two suitcases above us and sat abruptly. He turned to me and grinned a little.

With a sheepish smirk he said, "Sorry madam."

I chuckled, "First flight?"

"Oh! No, no, I've been on quite a few but I forgot to set my alarm for this morning."

"Typical." I laughed and took in his features. His hair was short and slightly shaped like a Mohawk, his glasses over his brown eyes. (Yes I know he looks way different ~and hotter~ now but for this story this makes more sense... *fixes fourth wall*)

I smiled at him and thought about how cute he looked. I blushed a bit and looked away, I just met the guy. It made me feel a bit self conscious with my always messy brown hair and big green eyes. I pushed my frizzy hair behind my ear and looked down.

"Hey u-uh.." He seems to stumble his words, "why are you going to LA?"

"I'm actually moving there, hoping for a fresh start." I glanced at him.

Beaming, he held contact with my eyes and jumped up and down clapping his hands like a goof, "Oh! Oh! Me too!"

I bust into laughter at his movements, and started mocking him by slapping my hands on my cheeks and shrieking, "Oh! Me three! Me three!"

After ten minutes of messing around about the huge coincidence, he started looking intently at me. I raised an eyebrow slowly. "What? Is there something on my face!" I asked and licked my hand and started rubbing by my mouth.

He smirked, "No... Whats your name?"

I giggled feeling stupid and blushed, "Oh, Annabelle."

He smiled and opened his mouth to speak but I quickly interrupted, "Ugh I know, you don't have to tell me, it's suck a babyish name."

"What?" He seemed genuinely surprised, "I think it's a beautiful name."

I sat there in silence and smiles softly, that was the first time I have ever been complimented, ever. I am twenty years old.

"Did you know I'm king of the squirrels?" He blurted.

"What?" I sat there staring at him and laughing freely.

"How dare you laugh! It's very," he mocked anger and scolded me, "important to have a king... That why they have me!"

"Duh they have you, the squirrels couldn't find anyone stupider." I smirked and adjusted my plane seat.

"Excuse me?" He stretched 'excuse' and put his hand on his hip, it was awkward because there was no space considering we are on an airplane.

"You are excused."

"Hey, that's not what I me-"

"Sure. There's no need to be embarrassed." I patted him on the shoulder and laughed.

The rest of the plane ride was filled with jokes and laughter. I really got a kick out of this guy. He started to tell me about a YouTube channel he started and how he has already got 20,000 subs. I admired him, I wasn't surprised he had so many considering he was so serious about it and cared so much. As we exited the plane he smiled and gave me his number.

I got into my apartment and sat on the kitchen counter. I picked my phone up and called Mark.

"Hello?"

"Hi. It's airplane girl." I giggled.

"Oh! Goodie goodie gumdrops, hey beautiful." I could almost see his cute smirk through the phone and sensed a great friendship ahead. This was a good new beginning.