Chapter 28

Ethan's POV

We were standing in the McNamara cemetery. It feels blank and broken. After everything we thought it would be over, we defeated them. But they came back for our family, for our only family. And now there nothing left. The family is gone, and we are left behind as the broken kids who being there idiotic selves brought this upon them. We just should have helped Hop, shooed them away. Not that it would have harmed us, we felt betrayal before, once more wouldn't have harmed. But we did exactly what our parents did, search for revenge and then redemption. 

"Clary you coming."-Daisy asks Clary as we turn around. But Clary stood there, standing still.

"Clary. It wasn't your fault."-I knew what she was thinking.

"Yes, it was. I was going on the wrong path. Everything is my fault. He asked for redemption but I faked my forgiveness, we faked our forgiveness, then Ethan kicked them out. And we all thought we were doing it right. Showing them we broke again and planning an attack behind their back. But we never saw this coming. How?"-Clary said all broken up. 

"Because we were like our parents. Naive and childish. We felt invincible."-Andrew spoke what we all knew but never want to accept.

"We did everything to be not like them. But somehow we are them. Neglected by birth parents, finding revenge on them, and then searching for redemption. We are not killers but we are not saint either. We are the most powerful creatures on the planet, and yet we live our life without happiness. But we had it, we had it and we were enjoying it, but we also ruined it."-Daisy spoke, trying to shift the blame from her to all.

"Not you, it was me. It was my fault."-Clary spoke as another tear slipped.

"No! It was our fault. And it's the only difference between us and them. They hold grudges within each other, but we, we fight together, as a unit, as a family. We take the blame together and we start again. We will bring them all back. And then we will go so far that none of them will ever find us."-I spoke as this time a tear finally slipped from my eyes.

"Or you take your revenge."-A voice that we were too familiar with came from behind us. Dahlia

..................................

Klaus's POV

I feel guilty somehow. For what we did with our kids. We were somehow partial with them. But Marcel hating us so much, saved our kids from our enemies. Why? And why did Hayley leave them behind? They were also kids. They were Hope's siblings. And why leave Andrew behind. 

But now nothing matters, a person is dying in my arms. And I don't know-how will answer Elijah or anyone. 

"I forgive you......For real this time."- Clarrisa spoke breathe slowly. 

"No. No. I don't deserve forgiveness......Clarrisa you are the firstborn. You have just not your father's traits but all ours. You are noble like Elijah, loving like Rebekah, loyal like Freya, strategic like Kol, focus as Finn.....forgiving...like Henrik."- I spoke softly.

"And a devil-like you. But...I am proud of it."-she smiled as blooded spurted in her mouth. But the smile went away fast.

As she exhaled her last breath the hand that I was holding fell numb in my grip. Her body started feeling cold.

The front door barged open and Elijah stood there. He looked into my eyes trying to get hope. But he already knew that her heart has stooped.

Freya came beside him and she instantly fell on her knees, her sobs were echoing through the empty church.

"CLARISSA."-Marcel's voice came as he sped into the church and stopped a little ahead of Elijah.

The next thing i knew is Kol, Davina, Dasiy, and Andrew rushed in. No one moved any closer. Daisy took hold of a seat as tears spilled down her face.