𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒄𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒔

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

[SHE]

1.01 || all phones have calculators

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"I really am so, so, so sorry." 

Lacey was apologising profusely to the boy she'd walked into, nearly knocking him and herself over, but thankfully he'd gotten his footing and caught her before she could fall on her ass. "My Mom always tells me I should look where I'm going more because I never pay attention to my surroundings when I walk and read and this isn't the first time I've done this and I really should listen but I never do because just walking is so boring, you know? And I like reading while I walk but that means I never look up and this happens." Lacey blurts out rapidly and the boy in front of her looks slightly startled at the speed words were spilling out from the blonde's lips.

"It's okay. Really. Nobody got hurt. Unless you got hurt." He says.

"No, I'm okay." Lacey says.

"Okay, well, then it's all fine. But I've gotta get to class." He says and she nods before he rushes past her, nearly walking straight into another student. 

"Oh, wait, I-" She trails off when she realises he couldn't hear. "Don't know where I'm going." She finishes lamely, deflating slightly as she looks around. 

Lacey walks around the school, trying to figure out where her class was, eventually making her way back into the front office somehow. "Miss Dunbar? Is there a problem?" The receptionist asks.

"Nope! No problem. Other than the fact that I kind of can't find my class." Lacey says, her cheeks flushing bright red.

"What class is it?" The woman asks.

"Uh, math? Math something. With Ms Flemming." Lacey says, glancing at her schedule.

"It's just outside and down the hall." She responds.

"Oh. Okay. Thank you." Lacey says and the woman nods. 

"Hurry up before you're any later." She warns and Lacey nods before rushing out of the office to search for her class. 

Lacey feels her cheeks heat up with a flush when she walks into the classroom and everyone looks over at her. She had no idea what it was about being late to class that felt so embarrassing but she was sure she didn't like it.

"Miss Dunbar, I presume?" The teacher says and Lacey looks over at the woman. 

"I got lost." She says sheepishly. 

"Come on in." Ms Flemming says and Lacey steps into the classroom. "Class, this is Lacey Dunbar. Our new student." She says and Lacey shifts her weight from one leg to the other awkwardly as she grips the book in her hands. "Would you like to share anything about yourself?" She asks the blonde.

"Uh, I hate math?" Lacey says and someone coughs, clearly trying to cover a laugh and Lacey's eyes land on the perpetrator.

It was the boy from the hall. Like she hadn't embarrassed herself enough in front of him.

"Take a seat, Miss Dunbar." She says and Lacey casts a glance around the room before her eyes land on the only open seat. Right beside the boy from before. 

Great.

Lacey moves to claim the seat, sliding into it and slumping down in her seat as if it would make her less visible to the teacher. Who's subject she'd just insulted. This was a great start.