𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒃 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒐𝒆

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

[SHE]

2.06 || hope you stub your toe

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Chimeras."

Stiles, Malia and Lacey were all stood in Noah's office as he looked at the board behind his desk. "Two dead Chimeras." Stiles clarifies. 

"And nine new ones." Malia adds. 

They'd decided they were going to come clean to Noah if nobody else. If there was someone they could tell, it was the Sheriff. 

"So, that's eleven in all." Stiles adds.

"Eleven?" Noah asks, turning to look at them. 

"Yeah, uh, we think I might be one. Well, actually, we're pretty sure. Like pretty much certain." Lacey says.

"I think he gets it, Lace." Stiles says and she shrugs. 

"Why would you think that?" Noah asks.

"Uh, well, one reason would be these." Lacey says before holding her hand up.

"They do not look like werewolf claws." He says.

"Yeah, well, we're still working on the what part." She says.

"Okay, so, if you're also a chimera, then I'm thinking twelve." He says. "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me. They said both the holding cell lock and cameras would have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic. You said that, uh, these guys-"

"Dread Doctors." Malia supplies.

"Are we really calling them that?" He asks, slightly exasperated.

"So, they broke Donovan out?" Malia asks.

"It's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?" Noah asks.

"Donovan's a Chimera." Malia says.

"Yeah, but, is he a failure, like Lucas and Tracy." He asks.

"If he is, he's probably dead." Malia says.

"You mean they probably killed him." Lacey remarks.

"Not until I've seen a body." Noah says to the two girls before glancing at Stiles, drawing the other two's attention to him. "You're uncharacteristically quiet."

"Yeah, sorry. I'm, uh, I'm just trying to think about it. Uh, these are all teenagers, right? So, now shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? If the Dread Doctors, if they went through all that, burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail," Stiles says.

"They couldn't have been chosen at random." Noah fills in. 

"They had to have something in common." Malia says.

"Something that made them right for this experiment." Noah says.

"Something that made them special." Stiles says.

"Well, you know pretty much everything about me. At least you have a jumping off point." Lacey says, holding a hand up. 

"Great, so, what unique thing could have drawn the Dread Doctors to you?" Stiles asks.

"Uh, my thumbs are hypermobile." Lacey says.

"I don't think that's-"

"They are?" Stiles asks, cutting his father off and the Sheriff sighs, bringing a hand up to rub his face.