𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

[SHE]

1.08 || in the middle and everything

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Lacey stands with her hands in her pockets in Scott's house with him and Liam. "Kira found Brett. They're fine, but we've got to go." Scott says.

"More assassins?" Liam questions.

"Maybe a lot more." Scott responds.

"Different than the ones who just tried to set us on fire?" Liam asks.

"I think so, yeah," Scott responds.

"Bummer, they were so fun." Lacey remarks dryly. 

"How about I take you home?" Scott offers, looking at Liam.

"I'm not like you," Liam starts. 

"Not yet," Scott says.

"I don't mean I'm not strong, or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control. I mean everything else. You and your friends, you try to protect everyone. Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?" Liam asks and Lacey sighs slightly.

"Not all of us are." Scott responds solemnly. "Let me at least take you home." Scott says and Liam nods before the Alpha looks at Lacey. 

"No. You're getting my help. In some way or another." Lacey says and he sighs.

"I thought you'd say that." Scott says with a nod.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

After dropping Liam off, the two of them head to the animal clinic to meet Kira and Satomi's pack. Lacey follows the alpha into the clinic, hovering by the door and rocking on her heels awkwardly when Kira and Scott move to kiss each other as soon as they see each other. 

After a few moments of muttered conversation and their kiss, Lacey clears her throat pointedly and they both look over at her. "Sorry." Lacey says and Kira smiles briefly. 

"Hi, Lacey." The kitsune says and Lacey waves slightly. "Come on." She says, grabbing Scott's hand and gesturing for the blonde to follow and Lacey trails behind the two of them to the back to see Satomi's pack. "Satomi, this is who I was telling you about." Kira says.

"I know who Scott McCall is." The woman, who Lacey could only assume was Satomi, says as she turns.

"Are we safe here?" A blonde asks and Lacey briefly recognises her as Brett's younger sister, Lori. 

"We're gonna need help. A lot of help." Scott responds and Lacey glances at him. 

"We can't stay here." Lacey whispers.

"We're not." Scott responds. "We're taking them to a building Argent owns." Scott whispers.

"Does he know?" Lacey whispers.

"Not yet." He mutters and she hums.

"Swell." Lacey mumbles.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Lacey leans against the wall in Argent's building, her arms folded over her chest as she watches Brett carefully until he rolls his eyes, walking over to her. "What?" He asks.