8

The One Who Shouldn't Comfort With Kazutora and Naoto - The Continuation Of The Second and Fourth Promises

Kazutora, Takemichi figured out a few months ago, was surprisingly very good in the kitchen. And one of the only people he actually trusted to bake with, aside from Mitsuya and the twins. It was just when Kazutora was grouped with Baji and Chifuyu or Mikey when things turned into havoc.

They worked together well, they didn't need to talk. Takemichi would hum and Kazutora might tap his foot to the beat. Kazutora helped him with mixing the cake batter and measuring ingredients, it was very helpful. It was a little troublesome, and perhaps a safety hazard, that Kazutora was clinging to him, touching him in some way at all times.

"Kazu-kun, I'm about to put this in the oven, could you let me go? Just for a second?"

Kazutora hesitated before slowly unwrapping his arms from Takemichi's waist. The moment the cake had been put in the oven and the door was closed, Kazutora pounced on him again. Takemichi looked down at him with concern, tucking his long hair behind his ear.

"I'm right here, I'm not just going to disappear," he cooed, brushing the stray hairs back into Kazutora's ponytail.

"I'm sorry...I was just so scared," he mumbled.

"It's alright, you can still hold onto me. But I don't want to hurt you, the oven and stove is on and-" Takemichi cut himself off when he swayed in his spot, a sudden headache washing over him.

If Kazutora hadn't been latched onto him, he might have just fallen to the floor. That grip, which tightened,

"Takemichi! Are you okay?"

"I'm...I'm fine. I think...Ugh...just need some water, I have a headache," he groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"C'mon, you need to sit down."

"I-I'm fine- woah!" He might have expected Kazutora to walk him to his office, but no, Kazutora picked Takemichi up in his arms and carried him. He placed Takemichi down on the couch and sat beside him, trembling.

"Do...Do I need to call anyone? An ambulance!"

"No, it's alright. I uh just haven't taken my iron supplements yet," Takemichi forced out, squeezing his eyes shut, trying to ignore the pain.

It wasn't later, he needed to take his medication now. He fished his phone out of his pocket,

"Look, I'm calling Naoto to bring me my medication. Can you please turn the oven and stove off?"

"B-but will you be okay?" Kazutora asked frantically.

"Yeah...I will."

Kazutora looked back at him nervously before jumping up and walking to the kitchen. Takemichi called Naoto,

"Hello? Takemichi?"

"Naoto! A-are you busy right now?"

"No, I was actually on my way to check on you. Everything alright?"

"Not really, no. Could you drop by my place and pick up my medication?"

"Why haven't you taken it yet? And the fact that you're asking for it means that you're being affected."

"Please Naoto, I- god my head hurts so much. I need to get rid of this headache as soon as possible to make your sister's wedding cake."

"Do you-"

"No, I don't need to go to the hospital. I don't have time for that anyway."

"Alright, I'll get it. Be there in 15."