𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢

...3 hours until dawn...

the stranger

Katy, Ashley, Chris, and Sam both sat on the couch of her parents' lodge. Chris had returned because Mike said he'd watch Josh overnight. Suddenly someone started pounding on the door. "Let me in! LET ME IN!" Emily screamed.

"Is that??" Ashley questioned.

"It's Em!" Sam shouted.

"Let her in quick!" Chris yelled and the four of them rushed to the door.

They swung the door open and Emily fell inside "Shut the door! Oh my god shut the door!" She screamed. Chris slams the door shut and Ashley, Sam, and Katy help Emily to the couch.

"Em, are you alright?" Chris asked as the girls took a seat.

"I didn't think that I'd make it!" She said, sighing with relief.

"You were screaming bloody murder," Chris said.

"You were totally wiped," Ashley mumbled.

"Are you okay?" Katy asked.

"There was something." Emily started.

"Where's Matt?" Ashley interrupted. "Did you guys split up?"

"A monster! It's a monster!" Emily shouted.

"Are you okay?" Chris asked.

"I'm fine, I don't feel anything, I just need to calm down. It was moving so damn fast," Emily explained.

"What was?" Katy asked.

"I just had to get away," Emily said.

"Away from what?" Katy asked.

"That thing! T-there was this thing whatever it was!" Emily exclaimed.

"Em, Em, you can relax... Josh was messing with us... but we," Sam reassured her.

"You aren't listening to me," Emily interrupted.

"Where is Matt?" Chris asked.

Emily sighed sadly "Matt- oh God. We couldn't use the cable car so we climbed the tower and then it fell and we were down in the mine, like way down, down in this terrifying freaking mine shaft..."

"Matt..." Katy mumbled.

"Hold on- hold on," Chris said.

Emily fiddled with her hands "And then, it was Matt and me down there and..." she mumbled "Oh God I think that Matt might be dead."

"Wait what?" Chris questioned.

Katy looked at Emily "No!" She cried. Her best friend. Dead? She had lost too many people because of this mountain.

"How?" Sam questioned.

Emily sighed "The mines- I-- I was walking down there, in the mines, and it was dark and I found this pile and there was Beth's head!" She explained.