Chapter 3: First Blood

Volume 1

Chapter 3: First Blood

I am alive! Somehow, I am still alive and get to see daylight again. My body aches all over, but I am still breathing and able to move despite the pain. Picking myself up, the only thing I find to complain about right away is that annoying text... annoying text! I hope this text tells me there is a respawn system in this world, so I won't be killed off.

Notification

Water Absorbed

+1 MP

+1 Strength

+1 Speed

+1 Stamina

+1 Dexterity

+1 Intelligence

Skills Acquired: Swimming Level 1 (Can the ability to swim), Underwater Breathing Level 1 (Can hold breath underwater for two minutes), Water Resistance Level 1 (Resistance to water element), and Water Magic Level 1 (Can use water magic).

Spells Acquired: Control Water (Can control water's flow, shape and strength).

Fish killed: 3

Level 2 Reached

+200 MP

+20 Strength

+20 Speed

+20 Stamina

+20 Dexterity

+20 Intelligence

+20 Skill Points

How am I so strong now?! I will not complain about the new skills and abilities, but the increase in my stats is too much for just a single level of growth. This must be a mistake. The world's gods messed up and gave me a broken stats system. I'm stronger than Elise now. Unless that is normal for people of this world, I might still be weak for a level two person. When Elise reaches level two, her stats will probably increase at a far higher rate. That might be the case, but the only way to know is to ask somebody. But first, I need to get out of this place.

Looking up, I see two steep cliffs on either side of me. There is no way I can climb out of there without falling, and now that it is daytime, I can see just how far I have fallen. I have no idea how long I have been down here, but it is safe to assume the others have already left since the sun has risen. I doubt they would hear me if they were still there or come to my aid, even if they did. They wanted me gone. Even Elise finally had enough of me after how much I slowed them down yesterday. I punch the side of the cliff in frustration causing the stone to creak. If only I had this power yesterday.

Looking around my location, I see only two ways to go: following the river upstream or down. Figuring it is my best option, I opt to go for the following the river downstream. One of the books I read said the best way to find settlements is to follow rivers downstream, so I hope that is true, and I remember it correctly as I set off. But I pick up the fish I killed, and before I go too far, I stop and check my belt, sighing in relief, finding it is still there. I also read about how essential knives are for survival, so I did not want to lose my own.

<0>

Roughly two hours pass, at least. I think it has been two hours. It is hard to tell the passage of time without a watch or clock. But despite my trouble judging the flow of time, I am finally out of the valley I found myself in and enjoying a beautiful site.