Chapter 9

The next day, Emily woke up feeling someone's eyes on her, "You're staring," Emily said.

"Admiring," Emily turned over to see Adam awake, "Sleep okay?" Adam asked.

"A lot better than I have in a few years," She laced her fingers with his, "I have to go," Emily said as she started to sit up

"Rose," She looked at him, "What are we going to do?" Adam asked as he sat up.

"I still don't know," Emily said.

"Our daughter and nephew are here, we need to work fast," Adam said.

"My dad was shot yesterday, Jefferson... He may be cursed but I have to see him," Emily said as she started to get out of bed.

"You're right, sorry," Adam said.

Emily looked at him, "But now we know where Henry and Grace are... I can relax a little and find a way to protect our family without my magic and not get arrested," Emily said.

"How are you going to do that?" Adam asked.

"I understand now why Regina kept it from Henry, she didn't want him to know all the bad things she's done... I can't allow Lucy or Lizzie to get hurt because they know the truth," Emily said.

"Just don't make our youngest think she's mad," Adam said.

"Of course not. I hate lying to them just as much as you hate not being seen as their father. We're both in horrible and difficult situations. This isn't how I wanted it, Jefferson," Emily said.

"I never said you did," Adam said as he got out of bed.

"Just bear with me, okay? It won't be too long now and we'll all be happy," Emily said.

"All of us together?" Adam asked.

"Our family under one roof... Well, maybe. Grace is an adult now so she might not want to live with us," Emily said.

"Us..." Adam said.

"Of course. Us. You idiot," She walked over to him and took hold of his hands, "I hate not being with you," Emily said.

"I do too, darling," Adam said and leaned down, kissing her softly.

Elsewhere, Sean and Victoria took tea to the woman in the secret room at the top of Belfrey Towers, "Another visit so soon?" The woman asked.

"I thought perhaps we might make amends over tea," Victoria said as she poured the tea.

"I take it destroying the girl's belief is proving to be more challenging than expected," The woman said.