Chapter Fifteen

As the hex vanishes and daylight appears, the town and residents of Westview returning how they were before Wanda arrived you and Bucky finally let go, smiling faintly as Wanda walks towards you, hood up, eyes wet. 

You stretch your arms out, holding her... for a moment she falters before hugging you back. "They'll never know what you sacrificed for them." You say gently as you pull apart, moving a strand of her hair out her face before standing back in line with Bucky. 

"It wouldn't change how they see me." Wanda swallows, her pain evident in her voice. "And you, you don't... You don't hate me?" The question is aimed at Bucky. 

"Given the chance and given your power, I'd have done the same. I know I would." Bucky reassures her. Wanda gives him a warm grateful smile, a tear slipping down her check. 

"I'm sorry. For all the pain I caused."

"We know." He says before also engulfing her in a hug, a quicker more Bucky style man hug but a needed hug non the less. 

 "I don't understand this power. But I will." She nods firmly. 

"You need some help?" You ask, biting your lip in worry. 

"I think I need to find a peaceful place to lay low for a while..." as she talks your heart cracks a little, you were confused as to Agatha's story being true, but regardless, Wanda was family now. ".... and then I will have you over... " Wanda smiles a little as she see's you relief. "Take care of her." Bucky nods, the sound of sirens approaching causes Wanda to change her clothes to the scarlet witch attire, adorning a hooded cape, before taking one more look at you both. 

"Goodbye" 

"Bye, Wanda." 

"Good luck." Bucky adds as you both watch her fly off. Once she's out of sight, you and Bucky spin round to the sound of Agent Woo.

"All right, everybody, gather around. The pharmacy is the best spot for medical. And evidence collection can begin in the hardware store, Miguel. Let's move." 

"Authority looks good on you, Jimmy." You smile widely as you walk over 

"Sargent, Y/N" 

"Dark Witch Supreme" you correct. 

"Really?" Both men look at you. 

"Nah, I'm messing with you" You laugh as they relax "just Y/N is fine." 

 "Where's Darcy?" Bucky looks around.

"Uh, something about "debriefs are for the weak." But, um, we can thank her for that." Jimmy nods his head towards Hayward being arrested, giving you and Bucky the evils. 

"Duty calls" Jimmy lifts up his walkie-talkie as it crackles into life. You and Bucky salute him playfully before you're left alone to walk out of the chaos. Clean ups wasn't really yours or Bucky's forte, it was more smash and dash. 

"Ok so, Scarlet Witch and the Dark Supreme?" Bucky says thoughtfully as you walk up the road leading out of Westview. 

"I told you, I'm just going as Y/N, I don't want to be a dark anything..." you laugh lightly but you're serious, the last thing you wanted was to be the villain again. 

"What about Y/N Barnes then?"  Bucky says casually as he walks but you stop in your tracks, he's about ten steps ahead before he realises you've stopped. He turns to you and looks at your dumbstruck face. "What?" 

"Y/N Barens? You want me to be Mrs Barnes.... as in your wife?" 

"That is the general idea of it yes..." Bucky muses but then worries as you still stay silent. He comes closer to you, "Y/N ... I am rubbish when it comes to talking about my feelings, ask Dr Raynor" You smile a little "but when I know for a fact I love you and I want you to be mine forever."