Chapter Twelve

- Present: Outside the Hex with Bucky - 

"Darcy made it through that last firewall, all right." Jimmy scoffs as he reads though the information loaded on his phone as the drive. 

"What'd she find?" Bucky glances over before looking back at the road again. 

"R and D reports. All on the same project. Code name, Cataract." Theres a pause and then another harsh scoff from Jimmy "Hayward wasn't decommissioning Vision. He was trying to bring him back online. Nothing worked until..."

"Wanda stole Vision's body." Bucky sighed heavily. 

"That's why he was so focused on tracking Vision inside the Hex."

"Hayward wants his sentient weapon back." Bucky mumbled angrily in reply. 

"Someone has to tell Wanda." Jimmy looked panicked. 

"There they are." Bucky gave a slight smile and a nod as they approached a small party of soldiers gathered around a large vehicle. Bucky pulls up roughly swinging the jeep into the clearing with a full view of the hex, now bright red and fluctuating. 

ELECTRICAL WARBLING

"Sargent Barnes"

"Torres" Bucky shakes hands, he's managed to pull a few string with Sam in getting the equipment, but it was on the down low. 

"This is Agent Woo." He introduces Jimmy, the men shake hands happily. 

"Nice to meet you."

"Thank you for coming...." 

"Hey man, when Captain America says he needs you to help him save the say, you just do" he says a light laugh, relief washing over his face as Bucky lets out a slight chuckle. "Plus, I heard Y/N is stuck in there and I kinda like her...she's a badass..." Bucky nods as he follow Torres towards the container. 

"Let me show you what we brought you" He smiles as the vehicle is driven out, looking like something you would find on on the moon. "Did we get your specs right?"

"Lets hope so" Bucky adjusts his arm and stretches his neck from side to side.

. . . 

"Final checks. ... We're all set, Sarge" Torres says as he helps  Bucky fit the glove of the space suit over his left hand. 

"Thank you."

"Darcy's not here to give her stamp of approval" 

"I know.... but even if she said no... Y/N is in there and I'm gonna go get her out." 

"Godspeed, Barnes" 

As Bucky climbs into the Rover and straps in Woo joins Torres and the team.

"How much faith you have in this thing?"

"Well its not my area, but we were assured It's our most heavily-armored space rover and were told she's gonna sail right through. Unharmed." He shrugs, pretty please as he gives Jimmy a walkie-talkie before putting on his on headset. 

"Coms, check."

"Good, check." Comes Bucky's reply. 

"On your order, Sargent."

"Moving out." Bucky announces as he drives full speed at the Hex, his eyes fixed ahead. 

"Contact in five, four, three... two, one." Torres counts down as the rover hits the hex wall violently, a grunt from Bucky being heard over the speakers.