chapter. 5

....shit...I messed up.

It was just silence between them.
The small crowd also caught on to the atmosphere.

Jasmine wanted to desperately say something but what came out was a cough.

"You...ain't joking?" Mikey asked.

Draken was also growing anxious.

"No.." Y/n replied holding onto the girl a little tighter.

Mikey was about to say something but was slapped by the girl who Y/n was defending, to which he accepted when saw it comming.

The crowd dispersed slowly, trying to be unnoticed.

Damn... Jasmine thought

If even possible it got quieter. Draken held a tight grip on the girls wrist warning her to not try that again.

"Then speak to your friend about some manners." She replied staring at him.

wow...Y/n had thought.

"Let her go." Mikey told Draken to which Draken listened.

With that they all noticed heels running against the floor and turned around to see a blonde kid running towards them.

" Y-You let go of her right now." He had snot on his nose but was quickly wiped by the floor when Mikey tripped him with his foot.

" little late to the party." And with that Mikey left with Draken following behind.

--------------

"AUGGHH WHY DID I SAY THAT?? JUST WHY?" Mikey screamed cursing at himself.

He was on field, squatting with his hands dug in his hair.

" Yeah, why did you say that?" Draken questioned him.

" I wanted to make a sly joke, something like she was at my place or sum." He answered after calming down a little.

"....That's one corny ass joke. I had to be the first one to say it." Draken replied looking out to the distance with a soda in his hand.

"......you think so?..." he said looking up to his best friend.

"Sadly.."

"Ok...gimme some of that."

Draken handed him the left over soda, to which he drinked as if it was a beer to ease him.

"Thank you"

"Yea, No problem."

It was still, the weather was decent. Many clouds but sunshine peaked here and there.

"How can I apologize?" He asked Draken.

" well you can start by saying sor- "

" why am I even apologizing, she isn't the only one who lost someone, I don't even know her. Just a stranger I met 2 times."

Draken stared at his friend.

" You still need to apologize. Whether or not you know some one, you said something uncomfortable. You need to apologize." He scolded Mikey.

Mikeys strain of thought was interrupted and replied with a muffled "ok"

" Alright, it's either later on today or in the morning tomorrow."

"...I'll do it today."

Author: hi guys! I'm doing alot better and excited to have more chapters out! Love you and take care of yourself <3