Chapter 94

"Minho, go home."

Those are the first words that come through the phone the instant Minho picks up the call.

He shakes his head, feeling a slight confusement come over him. He checks the caller ID: Chan. How does he even know Minho isn't at home?

"What.. how did you-"

"I can see your location, you know."

"Oh, right." Minho doesn't pay a lot of attention to the older's command though, he continues to walk along the street, kicking a rock out of the way.

"Minho,"

"mmh"

"It's nearly 5am, why are you outside?"

Minho simply sighs, starting to hear the rustle of the river close by. "It's nearly 5am, why are you awake and checking my location?"

"because-" Chan pauses, "Stay safe, okay? I don't like the thought of you being out at night. Besides, you should get more sleep."

"I'm not a little kid, hyung. i can take care of myself, and you are not allowed to say anything about sleep, hypocrite."

It's cold, and Minho pulls his jacket closer to his body, but it's good to be outside. It's refreshing, better than being cramped up inside his apartment.

Chan stays quiet for a while, but Minho can hear his hesitant breathing. "I guess just.. stay safe and if you need to talk or anything remember I'm here, yeah? You're always taking care of others, you shouldn't forget about yourself."

Minho feels a bit attacked, honestly. He didn't expect this sudden worry in Chan's voice, and he's sure as hell not waiting to be lectured.

"I know, but as I told you, I can take care of myself." Minho can hear Chan try to hide a yawn from the other side. "Now, I command you to go to bed."

"Alright," Chan sighs, "see you tomorrow then. Stay sa-"

"Safe yes I know, you told me that about three times already."

"Right.. goodnight Minho."

"Goodnight hyung."

Minho ends the call, and he notices he's nearing a small bridge in the distance. When he comes even closer, the silhouette of a boy can be seen sitting on the railing.

His soft pink hair is shining under the moonlight, and his fingers are clamped strongly around the railing, knuckles turning white.

The soft rustling of the wind and the water makes it impossible for him to hear Minho approaching him.

The whole scene is all too familiar.

The boy, he seems familiar.

A slight panic starts to rise in Minho's chest, and slowly he moves closer.

It's not Jisung, is it? This boy has pink hair, Jisung's hair is blonde..

But his trembling figure, and the way he's seated,

It's him.

Jisung still hasn't noticed Minho, and he slowly starts to lean forward, towards the water.

He holds back, though. His moves are hesitant, it almost seems like he's not even sure why he's there himself.

Minho steps on a branch.