Love Me

Dominique In The Media
1 year later
Ahjiea POV
Life has gotten better for me. I still have nightmares about those nights but it's getting better. My brother and Nina are having a baby girl. I've still been going to therapy. I'm still with Dominick. As for Tre'Nell he is mad at me because I'm with Dominick but he still comes around me and talk to me. As for Shayona she with her new boo so we don't see it other that often. As for Desmond he get out of jail in a few weeks. They gave him a year in jail and 5 year probation.
.......................................................
Me and Dominick are suppose to be hang out today. He loves to be around me all the time. He ain't telling me where we are going to so I just went simple with my joggers and baseball shirt. As I wait for Dominick I started to think about Sam and how he changed my life. I started to tear up remember that day it all went down. I can't believe it's been almost two years since he died. He was a very great person. I decided I would call his mom to see how she was doing. I called and she answered right away.

She said "Hey Ahjiea how you been."
I said "Living I was just calling to see how you was doing."
She said "Hunny I'm fine I'm taking one day at a time and staying blessed."
I said "That wonderful my life was a complete mess and I am finally starting to put the broken pieces back together."
She said "That good hunny keep yo in God and he'll guide you no matter the weather."
Dominick had pulled up so I walked outside still on the phone.
I said "Yea it's can get kinda hard doing that when your not in the right mindset."
She said "Gods got it let him be your help to get you where you need to be.
I said "Well Ima have to talk to you later but I love you."
She said "I love you too hunny."

I love her as my mom because I didn't have one .I really appreciate her holding me up even when others pushed me down. Dominick stared at me as I was in a daze. I just am blessed to be living and living my life style ain't easy but the god got me no matter what. We pulled up at some places that I have never been to.

I said "Where are we at?"
He said "Remember how you told me you like to sing well here your opportunity to do it."

I looked at him like he was crazy. We got out the car and walked into the building it was nice on the inside. There were a lot of people in here. He told the person that I was here and they directed me to the stage. I closed my eyes and started to sing a song off the top of my head.
Singing "I've been hurt so many times. I've been broken so many times. I try find way out of the dark but it wouldn't let me see the light. I tried to be strong but with everything that to me it's hard to even be.

I was hurting and everything in me was broken*2

I tried to let go of the people that hurt me the most but they come back like fly trap. I've tried to hold back tears but they fell anyway. No one could help I was stuck in the dark and wouldn't let me see the light. I've lost a lot blood, tears, and people."

I couldn't even finish cause I started to let all my emotions get to me and they took over. Everyone in the room was near tears and clapping. I felt like I needed this. Music has been the only thing to shield me from the pain. When you walk away from music you walk right into pain. I got down from the stage and found Dominick he was smiling from ear to ear. He really knows how to treat me. We left the building and went to the car.

He said "Wow your voice is amazing I thought you were lying when you said you can sing cause you never sung for me."
I said "Yea I can sing."
He said "Where you want to go to?"
I said "Longhorns"

He started driving and turned on the radio. We listened to Trippy Lynn songs on sound cloud. We were at the stoplight and heard people yelling. It was the cars on both sides of us arguing. We didn't know was going. Next thing you hear are guns shots going off and come from both sides shattering our windows. I looked over and see that Dominick had been shot and I'm praying that he makes it. Please god don't take him from me to. He looked at me and said" I love you." I said "I love you too."
He started to slip away second by second. I try to keep him with me. But he was gone and I didn't know how to feel right now.