𝐎𝐍𝐄

ONE| LIFE-CHANGING

ONE| LIFE-CHANGING

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

IT WAS ALMOST SCARY  how your life could change in an instant. All it took was one choice...one event no matter how big or small to alter your life completely. Evelyn Sutton has had a few shares of those moments. One of those moments was when she accepted the assignment to steal from Leonard Snart. Neither of them knew at the time that he would one day become her fiancé and father of her beautiful daughter. A precious baby girl who was a gift from the universe almost as if to give her back a piece of the man it took away from her.

Another life-changing moment that didn't have a happy resolution. Evelyn would always be proud of him for being the selfless man she knew he was capable of being. The man who would sacrifice himself to save the world and his friends. Leonard Snart was a hero, but she couldn't help but be angry at him for abandoning her.

However, the anger does not compare to the immense pain and sadness that weighed heavily on her heart when she looked at her little Leilani. All the joyful memories he would not be a part of like her first steps and her first words. All of her firsts, really. He'd miss it all. The hole that he left behind in Evelyn's heart would also reside in Lana's. A part of her would always ache for her dad. She would always be haunted by what if's and that broke Evelyn. No matter what she did, she knew it would never fix that.

"She's beautiful." Sara Lance whispered as the team gathered around Evelyn's hospital bed. They all stared down lovingly at the bundle of joy in their friend's arms. The room was littered with balloons and baby gifts from all her friends and family who had visited them. Evelyn's favorite had to be the vintage Beebo doll the team had brought.

Evelyn smiled warmly with tearful eyes. "She's perfect. There's nothing I wouldn't do for her." She caressed her daughter's cheeks with her pointer finger. Her mind instantly drifted off toward Leonard and his absence. He deserved to be here at this moment smiling down at his baby girl.

As if she had read Evelyn's mind, Sara placed a gentle and comforting hand on her shoulder. "Hey, you are not alone. You both have us always."

Evelyn glanced up at the team with tear-stained cheeks and a sad smile. Ray Palmer leaned in a tad. "We're family. We got your back," he promised.

The brunette nodded then turned her attention back on the only thing that mattered to her now. She swore she was gonna give her the life she never had. She would fight to her last dying breath to ensure that Lana would not grow up the way she did. She would not feel unloved or as if she didn't deserve a place in this world. Evelyn pressed her lips to Lana's forehead softly.