v

I woke up to Boris snuggling his face onto the back my neck, his soft breaths from his nose relaxed me, surprisingly, and I felt myself loosen in his grip. Boris must have felt me as he raised his head at my movement. He smiled softly, lowering his head back down as he realized I didn't want to bothered.

Though he did whisper, "Funny, yes? Usually you wake me up, Potter."

It made me smile, though I still was tired, I rose my head to study his facial features. Boris had a peaceful amused expression, you could see one or two hickeys on his jawline and neck. His dark curls covered almost one of them entirely, though. His finger was still bandaged, reminding me to check it again and his nails were still jagged and torn. I met his gaze and put my head to his chest sleepily, "What time is it?"

I heard Boris rummage around with one hand, still laying in bed and not looking where he was moving his hand. Then the noises stopped, "Five A.M."

"Five?" I groaned, "I was woken up at five?"

I saw him grimace and so I reached out, running my hand along his for a moment, reassuring him it wasn't his fault and that I wasn't entirely angry. Boris nodded and gave me a smile before laying on his back to face the ceiling, me doing the same.

"Potter?" Boris murmured, "Question I've been meaning to ask you."

I nodded, urging him to continue and that I was listening intently.

"Was planning to ask you to prom as bachelors." Boris sighed, a chuckle just on the rim of the noise. "Do drugs, perhaps get laid. Now am not so sure."

"Why not?"

"Kotku. What if she gets mad at me for taking you? Is just going as friends, not big problem, yes? No. Is big problem for her." Making gestures with his hands, something he did when he was passionate about the topic that slipped out of his mouth.

"Boris, c'mon. Let's live a little." It was as if our roles had switched, but I wasn't going to let Kotku control his life. He just looked at me, shrugging.

"What if she doesn't like queers?"

"Who said anything about queers?" I shot my head up, was he assuming I was a queer? Was he a queer? Did he want us to-

"Potter, come on." Boris nudged me, "Two teen boys go to part together, even if friends, still seems gay, though I don't see problem with that. Just not queer."

His last sentence seemed to sting me, yet I ignored it. "Being queer isn't normal, though, Boris. From what I've been told."

My gaze was met with a glare. "Is not wrong. You were told wrong."

The change of tone hit me hard, and I looked away, "Sorry... sorry."

We were painfully silent for a few moments until I got up, tears stinging my eyes. "I've got to go. Be out of my house before Xandra and my dad come back."

"Potter? I didn't mean to be so harsh. Am sorry."

Boris quickly blurted before I had the chance to start walking away. I stopped, looking over my shoulder to see Boris on the bed still, a pained expression on his face. He grabbed the sleeve of my shirt, turning me around fully. "Fine, Potter. Will go to prom with you, as friend, yes?"

My breath hitched in my throat as I looked up at his eyes filled with hope and guilt. "Okay, okay." I sighed, then, trying to change the subject, I added, "Want a beer?"

"Depends on if you want to get high."

Then off to our playground we went.