4- Empty Classrooms

Enjoy! :)

Oh, we're on the right side of rock bottom
And I hope that we keep falling
~*~
MARIANNE SOLACE
————————————

"Okay class, settle down while I get my stuff ready." Mrs. Klemm says, rummaging around her table, flipping through some papers. She's wearing wide jeans with a black turtleneck, topped with a gold necklace. She also has a small thin ring on her finger, probably an engagement ring.

Cali nudges my shoulder as I blink out of my thoughts, turning towards her. Her hair is loose and she's wearing a gray sweater while she picks at her sleeves. Her silver earrings enhances her features. Her small pink lips curve into a small smile as she leans into my shoulder and I only turn back towards the front of the classroom. We were seated all the way into the back, to the point my glasses started to give up a little.

"You know, sitting in the back of the classroom is usually fun. I mean, a couple could be kissing right now and a teacher wouldn't even notice." Cali speaks up, her voice cracks a bit, revealing her raspy tone. I shiver, laughing quietly.

"Cali, that's weird." I say back, my voice a whisper. She giggles a bit, her hair blocking me from seeing her smile. Mrs. Klemm turns back around, looking around the room.

"I'm going to start partnering you guys up with people for a project, okay? Anyways, this project is going to be a bit huge. You'll need to create a story with any genre, just please don't make it too unsuitable. When you get called, come up and take this list from me. Please listen for your name and once you get paired up, go find your partner as quickly as you can without making a scene."

Cali sits up straight, her eyes wide. She turns to me, a frown planted on her face.

"What if we don't get paired together? Oh god, this will be bad." She whispers, a sad look forming on her face.

"Be ready for the worst," I say, kind of bothered.

"Ann and Dionne," A short brunette walks over to a blonde.

"Larissa and Sienna,"

"Hayden and Brooke,"

"Calithea and Grey"

Shoot. Grey's a pretty hot name but good luck Cali.

Cali stands up slowly and walks to a light brunette, plopping down besides him.

"Marianne and Ashton,"

As I hear my name, I jolt, a shiver running down my spine. I swallow the lump in my throat and look around me. Cali points towards the boy in front of her and I follow her lead.

I sit down by him, staring at the ground, fiddling with the fabric of my sleeve, biting and tugging my lip.

Mrs. Klemm continues to pair everyone up, finally getting to the last pair.

"Okay! Everyone is settled so now decide what you're going to do for your work." She claps, smiling. I turn around and Cali is already pointing at a word on the list as Grey raises a brow at it.

Damn, this will be hard.

Ashton finally shifts to look me in the eyes, his head on the palm of his hand. A few rings cover his fingers, one catching my attention.

Why is it always the slim ones the catch my eye?

"So, what are we working on?" He says, his voice slightly quiet, curiosity lacing his tone. I widen my eyes at the sound of his voice, shocked. I was expecting it to be light, but I was wrong. It wasn't as deep as a baritone, it was in the middle, sort of a really light but deep tone all mixed. I catch his eye, a deep blue color.