6- Holding Hands

Enjoy! :)

I used to wanna be
Living like there's only me
But now I spend my time
Thinking 'bout a way to get you off my mind
~*~
MARIANNE SOLACE
————————————

I'm feeling way better now that it's Friday. Today was the last day of school before winter break and honestly, I was pretty glad. Remembering what happened on Tuesday makes me cringe just thinking about it. Making a weird noise while about to faint? That's just something that's burned into my brain which I probably will never forget. Fainting is a weird experience, coming from me. It felt like I was falling into darkness and then it was done. Literally it just stopped.

Now at school, I don't feel lightheaded anymore, my vision isn't more blurred than usual so that's good. I do know Cali said I looked pale a few moments before I fainted and that's not a problem anymore.

After everyone left on Tuesday, I was really happy apart from the fact I still felt woozy and all but I was happy that Kylie, Cali, Willow, Ashton, and Luke. Luke was really cocky, he got into a lot of stupid arguments about Kylie while Ashton just kind of stared at them the whole time but he stayed next to me throughout it. Cali bullied Willow because of his name and he hit her. She started to cry which was very dramatic and Kylie laughed at her. Overall, things were pretty dramatic.

Well here I am, slumped in my seat, dressed in an oversized grey hoodie and black leggings and not giving a crap about the world right now. It's funny to think how on my first day, I wore something so cute and appealing, now on my third week, I'm just lazy with what I wear. My hands are tucked into my pocket as my eyes shift towards the ground, zoning out for a while. It's not zoning out, I mean I'm still paying attention with my ears, but not with my eyes. Although it does look like I'm not paying attention.

"Marianne? What did Paul Revere shout on his midnight ride in 1775?" My teacher says and I quickly look up at him.

"The British are coming," I sigh as he only stares at me, unconvinced.

"Correct.." He narrows his eyes at me, slowly turning back around.

I want this class to end, honestly. I don't even want to see anyone because of how tired I am. I glance at the clock, only twenty minutes left. God, this will be the death of me.

I look out the window and it looks like it's about to snow and rain at the same time. Just great. An image pops into my head as I'm zoning out and before I know, it's a boy I'm thinking of. I can remember them vividly but I can't seem to remember where. Black hair, deep blue eyes and a super charming smirk. Suddenly, it all comes together as I put the pieces together.

If one plus one equals two, then holy cow I'm imagining Ashton.

"Eww!" I groan but immediately realize I said it out loud as everyone looks at me. I give them a look, annoyed.

I would be lying if I said I didn't think about Ashton once or twice a day. I mean, do you ever just sit around doing nothing and something or someone so random pops up in your head without you meaning it? That's exactly what just happened. I didn't realize how long I was zoned out for until the bell rang, making me jump a little.

As I'm walking out of class, the music sounding through my ear continues to play endlessly, song after song. I didn't know what we were going to do for writing but, I hope it was the project. It's better than doing anything else. So far, writing class was my favorite not only because of this huge project but the people.

I finally reach the classroom, swinging the door open and walking in a few seconds before the bell rings as I sit next to Cali. She was relaxed into her seat, half awake with her mouth slightly parted. I'm not complaining, if I came into class early I would've taken a mini nap as well.