11- Comfort

Enjoy!! :)

'Til it happens to you, you don't know
How it feels
~*~
MARIANNE SOLACE
————————————

People talk. When I say that people talk, I mean it. Me being assaulted quickly got around the school like wildfire and I'm still confused how it got around that fast.

Walking into school was a nightmare, I wore a black oversized hoodie and gray baggy sweatpants with my hood pulled up. I was a mess, my hair wasn't done, my face wasn't washed and I looked like I hadn't showered in days. I got stares and glares from half the school, some looked with disgust, others with sympathy.

"Isn't she the girl who fucked five guys all at once?"

"I think so, it was at Nicole's party too. What a sneaky little bitch.

Tears cloud my vision as I tighten the hood around my head and run to my locker and swing it open, letters spilling out. I gasp and open one of the letters, a teardrop spilled onto it.

Guess the whole school found out you fucked five guys, huh? Sucks to be a whore and crying about it. It's not too late to transfer schools! Sorry, you have to think about a dick being in you 24/7 but it's not too bad. You aren't a virgin anymore. Sorry, not sorry.

-Nicole

By now, the letter is stained with droplets of tears that spilled from my eyes and now they won't stop. The bell rings but my feet won't move. I stand there, reading over the letter once. Twice. Three times. Eventually, I cannot stop reading it. I bit my lip and tried to stop the tears from flowing down my cheeks but they kept pouring out as my lip trembled.

I slam my locker door shut and scream in anger, alerting a few students walking by. I look around through blurry eyes, spotting the bathroom, and run over to it, walking inside and going inside an empty stall before closing it shut.

"God!" I yell, throwing the nearest thing to me at the stall. I hear it clang against it making a loud bang before dropping to the floor. Tears threaten to cloud my vision as I tangle my fingers into my hair before tugging it tightly, pulling some strands out and groaning in pain.

"Marianne?"

I immediately dig up a small cloth from my backpack to put over my mouth, softening my sobs. It was Kylie and Calithea. I couldn't face them, no, not like this. I squint my eyes shut as I hold onto the stall bar for support, lifting my legs onto the toilet so they couldn't see my feet. Suddenly, the two of them go across the bathroom stalls, pushing each of them open until they stop in front of mine, making my heart race.

"Marianne, are you in there?" Calithea says and it goes silent. I wasn't going to answer them until they left, I couldn't answer, even if I tried.

My mouth opens to say something but the words get caught in my throat so I shut my mouth immediately.

"I don't think it's her, Kylie." Calithea finishes as I see her shoes face in a different direction.

Kylie mumbles a soft 'hm' and I watch both of their shoes leave the bathroom, the door slamming behind them. I rip the cloth off of my mouth and stuff it in my bag, gathering all my belongings as my hair sticks to my forehead. My head was pounding, my insides were churning and I felt like throwing up. Each movement only takes some of my energy away as I feel weak, walking to the door.