5- Project

Enjoy! :)

Now that I'm not the fire in the cold
Now that I'm not the hand that you hold
~*~
MARIANNE SOLACE
————————————

Of course. A gloomy gray day on a regular school day. I was expecting this but not particularly expecting this. I reach over to hit the snooze button on my alarm clock as it thankfully stops it's soft beeping. I flip the duvets off of me, quietly getting out of bed to stare out the window. There was some fog looming over the trees, the sky not so bright. I walk towards my dresser, picking out a plain gray sweater with some light blue wash jeans and heading to the shower.

I don't take longer than fifteen minutes before getting dressed quickly and spraying myself with my daily signature perfume. I head downstairs, seeing a note on the kitchen counter. My head starts to hurt and I ignore it, not thinking much of it. It's probably morning sickness but whatever.

Marianne,
I head out to work a little early today.
Sorry if I couldn't tell you earlier. I'll see you when I get back home.
You can grab a piece of banana bread in the fridge, I just made it so it can't be too cold. Miss you <3
-Mom

I sigh sadly, sad I couldn't hug her goodbye or just physically see her today. I open the fridge and grab the banana bread and as I'm about to take a bite, my face turns, putting the piece of food down, not feeling hungry anymore. I grab a cap from the coat hanger, putting it over my head as I throw my backpack over my shoulder, opening the door as I step outside and close it before grabbing my keys and locking it. And before I know it, I take my earbuds out of my jean pocket and put them in my ears, getting a good playlist and turn the volume high enough to the point it was just enough to not bother my ears.

I sing quietly along to the current song, taking one earbud out occasionally just to make sure I'm not singing too loud for people to hear while I'm not aware. Finally reaching the school, I stuff my phone into my side pocket before walking through the school doors, students scattered everywhere outside. Even though I'm inside, it still feels like I'm outside in the cold or it's just the way my body handles heat. I've had a pounding headache all day and I don't understand. I press two fingers to my hand, squeezing my eyes shut and pressing myself against a locker.

I go to my first class, history, a little early today since I don't have much to do. I find another playlist on my phone as I click on it, satisfied. I lean back towards the wall, closing my eyes while I wait for class to start.

I'm still leaned back in my chair with my cap over my eyes, partly shadowing my face expect for my lips. Willow looks at me, smiling.

"Good morning," He says, winking at me. I roll my eyes at him, sitting up and fixing my cap. I turn around to give a small wave to Kylie, but she's not there. I frown slightly, getting a bit upset. I turn back towards Willow as he gives me a look of confusion.

"Have you seen Kylie?" I ask him, hoping for an answer. He raises a brow, even more confused.

"Who?" He replies, dumbfounded. Great. I say it's nothing to him, fishing my phone out of my pocket and shielding it from my teacher. I open my text messages, going into Kylie's contact, texting her quickly.

I ask where she is, and after five long minutes with no reply, I sigh sadly, putting my phone away.

"No reply?" Willow asks me, messing with his hair. I shook my head, no, sadness growing within me. All I hoped for was for Cali to be here and maybe I'd feel a bit better. He gives me a short smile for a jerk of hope and thankfully, it works.