Lion 3: Straight to Video

At the Big Donut, seagulls were crying and flying over the beach outside while Steven and Ezra were inside as Steven was struggling to make a food decision. Lion was napping near the counter.

"Hmmm... Hmmm... Hmmmm—Hmmmm." Steven said as he looked at the different donut options.

"You can do it, Steven." Sadie said.

"Thanks, Sadie." Steven said. "It's just, I could get a donut, which would be tasty. But I always get donuts. Shouldn't I be living life to the fullest and trying new things? So tonight, maybe I'm thinking...Spicy Pretzels?"

"Better than a Dognut, whatever that is." Ezra commented.

"Why don't you ask your little friend?" Sadie asked as she looked at Lion.

Lion suddenly sat up from his nap. Lion then walked over to the Lion Lickers fridge and pressed his face against the glass door.

"Lion and Lion Lickers." Ezra chuckled.

"Ugh, Lion, those are gross." Steven complained. "No offense."

"You kids better hurry it up." Sadie said. "Lars and I are closing up-."

Lars then entered from the employee room, as he jazzed to music on his headphones and ate a donut, before he exited the building.

"I'm closing up for the day." Sadie corrected.

"I'm confused about how he listens to music now." Ezra whispered to Steven.

Steven silently chuckled, before he and Ezra saw several bags labelled 'Sadie' in a fridge.

"Hey Sadie!" Steven called out. "There's a snack named after you?"

"Nah, those are all lunches my mom packed for me." Sadie replied.

"Aww, that's so nice." Steven said.

"Ehh, actually, it's pretty embarrassing." Sadie admitted. "She's been doing it for years. I mean, I know how to feed myself! They just make me feel like a kid, you know?"

"At least you know that's how much she cares for you." Ezra said.

"Can we try one?" Steven asked.

"Sure." Sadie replied. "But, choose wisely. Some of those have been in there for a few months."

"My magic can help us decide." Ezra commented.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Beach House, Steven, Ezra, and Lion returned home with two of Sadie's lunches.

"Alrighty, Let's see what we've got here." Steven said as he pulled the food items out of the lunch bag on the kitchen counter. "Looks like a classic PBJ sandwich cut into triangles."

"Baby carrots, an apple, and...applesauce?! Eww!" Ezra gagged. "I don't like applesauce."

As Steven and Ezra were examining the food items, Lion stuck his nose into the empty lunch bag and it got stuck on his face.

"Very nice, it's the only shape a sandwich should be." Steven said as he observed the sandwich. "Mama Sadie, this lunch is a win."

Lion backed up toward the door, as he tried to get the lunch bag off his face.

"And for dessert we have... woah look at this!" Steven said as he ran up to Lion with Ezra. "Lion, Lion, look! It's a cookie shaped like a star." He laughed and compared it to the star on his shirt. "I guess you could say this cookie is... out of this world, eh?"

"Boo!" Ezra commented before he and Steven laughed.

Lion snouted and blew the lunch bag off his nose, that hit Steven in his face. The lunch bag drifted down and Steven, unaffected by the bag, bit into the cookie. He then looked at a painting of his mom hung above the door.