18 || A Camp To Remember

---

Tooru Oikawa's POV

"I like Oikawa-kun. And I will not stand here and let you take him from me!" (y/n) said in a surprisingly loud voice, causing the attention of almost everyone to shift unto her.

With those words, my eyes widened and my mind went blank. I felt my cheeks burn and the heat eventually spreads to my ears and then my whole face. I became completely flustered, shocked and somewhat happy in an unbelievable state.

(y/n)...likes me? Me?! Someone she once slapped with a chocolate box, someone she constantly says an idiot that she finds annoying. She likes that person, she likes me!

(y/n) slowly turned around to face me until our eyes finally met. I could feel my heart racing as her bright (e/c) orbs stared deep unto mine.

(y/n) likes me. This isn't a dream, she does like me back!

"A-Ano...T-This isn't what I--ugh!" I noticed (y/n)'s face became reddish as well, she was panicking and didn't know what to do. I thought it was just because she was embarrassed, but then I suddenly remembered that she hates public attention.

I gotta do something.

"Oikawa-kun--"

"Matte." I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her away from Shiroi and everyone else that is staring at us.

"Good luck, lovebirds!" I heard Shiroi cheered for us as (y/n) and I were on our way out of the gym.

Just a while ago, Shiroi was making me uncomfortable that I can't help but to feel upset and embarrassed, especially when I know (y/n) was watching me. I was terrified of the possibility that (y/n) might hate me. I don't want her to think that I flirt with just anyone, I may have used to, but ever since I realized my feelings for her, I swore I would only use my flirting skills when I'm around her.

When I ensured (y/n) and I were out of sight, I stopped on my tracks, my hand still holding her wrist. We just stood there, not knowing what to do. The silence was too loud, and so was our beating hearts.

Ah shit, what now?

.

(Y/n)'s POV

Pulling me out of everyone's sight, Oikawa suddenly stopped on his tracks. I waited for him to say a word but all I received was silence.

"Oikawa-kun, about what I said just now, I--"

"Did you..." Oikawa slowly turn around to look at me, and when I met eyes with him, I felt the happiness radiating in his facial expression. "Did you really mean what you just said? Do you really like me too?" He asked in a hopeful tone, as if he is positive that I would confirm and say 'yes'.