Chapter 9 || Rulers Of The Court

---

(Y/n)'s POV

"Is there something wrong, (y/n)? You're pretty quiet today." I heard Mitsuki said.

"I'm fine." I lied. The scene with Oikawa  from yesterday is still stuck on my mind.

"Ah! You're nervous about the match with Shiyonariwawa!" Mitsuki snapped her fingers, thinking she got my situation right.

I wish I was.

"Don't worry (y/n)-chan, our players are pretty strong. I'm sure they'll succeed in beating Shirokorozama." She said, patting my back and trying her best to comfort me.

"It's Shiratorizawa." I gave a soft giggle as I corrected her.

"R-Right." Mitsuki felt embarrassed as she realized she's been saying the wrong names all along. "Well then, I'll be going to the bleachers now. I'm going to show Shirakomonawa how wonderful our banner is." She said, wearing a proud smile as she unfolded our banner.

"Make sure to also impress Iwaizumi-san with your cheering skills." I teased and once again, her face went tomato red. She waved goodbye before leaving.

I glanced at Oikawa who's warming up with the others. I suddenly remembered everything he did yesterday and how confused it made me feel.

I wonder, how did he felt after what happened? What was his reason for doing that in the first place? There must be one, right?

I flinched when I met eyes with Oikawa. I quickly averted my gaze and ran away. I might as well calm myself first before facing him again.

After having a therapy session alone in the comfort room, I got out and was about to go back inside the gym when suddenly, I bumped into someone. I slowly looked up and saw a guy with dark olive-brown hair and matching dark olive eyes.

He looks familiar. I think I've seen him from TV. Right, he's Shiratorizawa's ace!

"Aoba Johsai's tracksuit." He said, scanning my clothes. "You must be their manager?"

"H-Hai." Wow he looks more intimidating in person.

"I see you've also chosen the wrong path. Serving a weak team is a waste of time." He opened his arms, posing like a farmer who's proudly presenting his finest crops. "You should've come to Shiratorizawa." 

I blinked twice, not understanding anything he says at all. Does he need therapy session too?