Chapter 6 || Closer

---

(Y/n)'s POV

"As you all know, Interhigh prelims is starting next week. So I expect all of you to practice seriously." Irihata-sensei said.

"Hai!" The members started practicing with all their effort. And I was left at the bench, as always.

Five days before the Interhigh, we travelled to Tokyo for a practice match with Fukurodani Academy and will be staying there overnight.

When I told Aya-san and Eito-san about that, they were hesitant. Since they used to live in Tokyo along with their real daughter, people there might recognize me. I told them it's fine if they won't let me but they still agreed on me going.

They said what matters most is my happiness and I should enjoy every moment in this world, for no one knows when I will return to my real one.

"(Y/n)." I looked up and saw Kunimi. "Kindaichi's having motion sickness." He said and pointed a finger to Kindaichi. I turn to look at Kindaichi and saw his face is turning green.

I quickly grabbed the first aid kit and went to Kindaichi who looks like seconds away from throwing up. I gave him some medicine and after taking it, his face slowly returned to normal.

"Thanks, (y/n). I was afraid he'll suddenly throw up on my pants." Kunimi said with a disturbed expression.

I was about to return to my seat when Oikawa called. "Alien-chan~ I think I'm sick too." He fake coughed.

I walked towards Oikawa's seat and examined his face. I raised an eyebrow when I noticed there's nothing wrong with him. "You look fine."

"I know, right?" He wore a smug expression as he said that.

Iwaizumi, who was sitting beside him, smacked Oikawa's head. "Would you quit bothering (y/n)?! This is why we're hesitant on having a female manager." Iwaizumi scolded Oikawa.

I returned to my seat, thinking about what Iwaizumi said. Come to think of it, Aoba Johsai doesn't have a manager before I came into picture. Has it always been that way? What's the reason?

A few hours had passed and we finally arrived at the inn where we are staying. The coaches booked three rooms, one for them, one for the members, and one for me. Obviously, I need to be separated since I'm a girl.

After dropping off our things on the inn, we then went to Fukurodani Academy. Upon arriving, we were welcomed by their volleyball club members and not too soon, the members of both teams started talking to each other.

Even though this is the first time that both teams met, it feels like they've known each other for a long time, given how they are already casually talking to one another. All of them are so friendly yet here I am, struggling on what I'm going to do.