Chapter 5 || Volleyball

---

(Y/n)'s POV

I stared outside the window, thinking about the conversation I had with Oikawa yesterday and wondering if I made the right decision.

"For the fifth time, no." I declined.

"Why?!" Oikawa whined. "Being a manager is like the easiest task I could give to you."

"I hate sports." I said.

He gasped in the most dramatic way. "The disrespect!" He held his chest as if his heart was shattered into millions of pieces. "Tell me one valid reason why you hate sports!"

"Just because." I shrugged.

"That's not--" Oikawa sighed, trying to calm his self down. "Why can't you just accept my offer?"

"Tell me one valid reason why I should." I crossed my arms, firing back his words at him. "Besides, I only came here to get my ring back. All you have to do is hand it over."

"And all you have to do is become our manager!" He said, clapping his hands on every word.

I massaged the bridge of my nose. "Why don't you just hire somebody else? You have an army of fangirls, surely one of them would be delighted to accept your offer."

"Is it difficult to understand that I want you?!" He said with closed eyes, slightly raising his voice.

I was taken back by his statement. I knew what he meant but I also couldn't stop thinking of a different meaning.

He cleared his throat. "Look, if you don't want your ring back, fine." He turned his back on me. "I wonder how my new girlfriend would feel if I give her this ring." Oikawa said in a teasing tone.

Is he trying to provoke me?

"Hmm, this ring is kinda cute. I'm sure she'll like this." He continued. "Well then, I'll be on my way to meet up with my girlfriend and give her this ring." He turn his head to look at me. "Ja ne~" He said and started walking away.

I just stood still, panicking on what choice to make. Clearly, he's just bluffing so that he could provoke me into saying yes. But what if he's not? What if he's really going to give it to his girlfriend??

The Ring...Hanna-chan...

"Matte." I croaked. He eventually stopped as if he was waiting for me to say that. "Until when do I have to be your manager?"