Cat's Out Of the Bag

“Kyoka-chan!”

The girl quickly turned her head at the sound of her name. She saw Katsuki's parents, tired and worried. The blood drained from her face. What were they doing there? It was dangerous, civilians shouldn’t have been allowed there, they couldn’t afford another disaster… She ran towards them, followed by Momo and the rest of her classmates.

“Kyo… Earphone Jack! Where are you going?” Momo called.

“The pros expressly told us to stay together and not leave the area!” Iida said.

Jiro ignored them, trying to ignore the headache as well. She stumbled in front of the Bakugos.

“Kyoka-chan!” Mitsuki called her again, stepping forward.

“Mitsuki-san, it’s dangerous here! What… What are you doing here?” She stuttered, looking at them alternately.

“The police called us. Katsuki…” the boy’s father said, but he was interrupted from the amplified voice of the journalist who was flying over the area: “Ground Zero is down!”

Everyone stiffened and they exchanged worried looks. Before anyone could say a word, Kyoka collapsed with a groan.

“Kyoka-chan!”

“Jiro!”

Cries of worry and surprise mixed, while Dark Shadow caught her just in time before she bumped her head against the concrete. He gently deposited her into Momo’s arms. The girl quickly touched her forehead under the wet bangs to check her temperature.

“Kyoka-chan!” Tsuyu said, worried. The other students tried to get closer as well, but Momo stopped them: “No! She needs space and… And fresh air! And…”

“I’m gonna call Recovery Girl!” Kirishima said, looking around for the old lady.

“Recovery Girl is already at work with Deku and the others, we can’t…” Iida said.

“Maybe an ambulance?” Kaminari offered.

Then, a bang, followed by unnatural silence. Everybody turned to the origin of the sound, in the middle of the area the police delimited with black and yellow tape: dust and smoke blocked the sight, but nobody could doubt who caused the explosion.

“Ground Zero!”

Jubilant shouts started to rise, while the smoke and the dust settled on the ground, revealing the young Hero, standing there, panting and bruised, but victorious.

“Katsuki!”

The boy turned his head, hearing his name above the other voices calling his Hero name.

His eyes found his parents and his classmates, especially… ‘Kyoka!’

With incredible speed, considering his current status, Bakugo fled to the familiar group. He breathed in relief when he saw that she’s not been hurt from the explosion. Then what…

“What happened?” He asked in a raspy voice.

“Kacchan!” Kaminari squealed, jumping a bit.