Flat

Jirou had figured out early on who her soulmate was. She was at an advantage when it came to screening soulmates. Her mark, a red music note in her soulmates favorite color, was located on her back. She didn't show much skin, so the chances that she'd spot her soulmate before they spotted her had always been high and Jirou liked it that way. She didn't want to be stuck with some asshole for the rest of her life because she had some stupid tattoo on her back.

It was just her luck when she noticed her soulmark on the biggest asshole in class. The music note was an exact match for her own, boldly marking his neck in purple, her favorite color, and barely hidden by his collar. She couldn't help staring when she first saw it. Bakugo sat right next to her after all, which was as good as she could get if she were going to find some inconsistency to prove that he wasn't her soulmate.

Sadly, she did not. What she did get was Bakugo glaring at her and snapping, "What's your problem earlobes?"

"Nothing," she answered simply, turning back to face the front of the class. Her soulmate being an asshole was an easy problem to ignore. Ignoring Bakugo proved to be slightly harder, if only because he was right next her and always the loudest thing in the room. It grated on her nerves a fair bit, but she made a conscious effort to ignore him.

Jirou wasn't really as good at ignoring Bakugo as she wanted to be, but to fair, no one was. He had one of the strongest quirks in the class and had one of the more distinct personalities. It just so happened that that personality was one of the worst ones possible.

By the time of the sports festival, Jirou had almost thought she'd been found out. She'd tried to be extra careful to hide her soulmark when they changed in the locker rooms, not an easy feat when one of the biggest gossips in class was literally invisible, but she'd managed so far. Still, her nervousness increased when Kaminari started advertising Bakugo to her like some sort of used car salesman. She was really convinced that he knew and was trying to talk her into giving him a chance when she noticed Kirishima and Sero doing it too.

Then she took the time to actually listen to them and heard as much praise as she did damnation. It was only then that she realized what had actually happened. Bakugo had made friends.

She didn't understand how or why anyone would want to be friends with someone so abrasive--at first. So, despite telling herself to ignore her soulmate, she ended up watching him. Purely for investigation purposes. Kirishima may have been his biggest fan, but Kaminari teased him loudly and proudly, regardless of how poorly that turned out for him. Sero seemed to have become friends with him for the sole purpose of making friends with him.

And that was when she realized that Bakugo was harmless. Uraraka seemed to have gotten the message before her. After the sports festival, she teased him and was more at ease in his presence than anyone else. Jirou would have thought that the opposite would happen, but here they were. She watched the first fight with Midoriya with her own eyes thought and she knew it hadn't always been this way. Bakugo had changed. She wasn't sure when or why, but he had.

Maybe, just maybe, she hadn't ended up with the worst soulmate on the planet.

She still didn't approach him about it though.

Then the training camp happened.

Jirou told herself that she was fine. That Bakugo was fine. He was strong, it would take more than a few villains to break him. She shouldn't be losing sleep over someone that she hadn't even really talked to, that wasn't even her friend. She couldn't stop thinking about the fact that her soulmate had been kidnapped though and she couldn't talk to anyone about it.