Friendship high five!

Kansas and Kansas City fluff-

Also, no Missouri isn't happy about it-

"Dad. What's wrong?"

"Nothing sweet pea. Just tired is all." Missouri lied. He'd been lying a lot more than usual for him. He was in constant pain. The boy didn't need to know that at such a young age. "Why don't you head outside to play while... I uhh. Fix dinner huh?"

Kansas City nodded, not exactly sure if he wanted to, and he left the small wooden cabin. There wasn't a ton of kids around where he lived. Most of them were far older than he was anyway.

So he was kinda bored most of the time. He continued to walk around longer. He noticed something sitting under a tree. Or was it someone? Maybe a new friend!!

K.C grinned.  He ran towards the stranger, who still didn't even notice his presence. Finally, he stopped in front of the new person, winded and completely out of breath. "H-hello... Fri-friend!" He said between pants.

The man stared, bewilder. Who's kid was this? K.C kept looking at him, his brown hair looked fluffy. And he had pretty brown eyes to match. Sometimes he could see bits of gold in them. "Where are your parents, kid?" Said the stranger.

"Home. Oh! My name is Kansas City! What about you?"

"Kansas." The man said, his voice bitter. He didn't really mean for it to come out in such a manner, it's just that the kid looked like an all-to-similar friend. Plus the fact that he has his name didn't help at all.

"Hey! We got similar names!! Now we have to be friends!!" Said the boy, he promptly took a seat next to the man.
Kansas looked uncertain and uncomfortable. Sort of disappointing the city. "High-five if you wanna be my best adult friend!"

K.C smiled, god did that smile bring back memories... Hesitantly, Kansas high-fived the black-haired child. The boy gasped and immediately hugged him. Kansas City looked so much like his father...

Kansas felt a small smile creep onto his face. Maybe this won't be so bad.

Maybe Missouri will come back too...

He prayed he would.

Bai bai.

Short and wholesome with a bit of sad just because sad is good. :)