Arrivals

QUICK RECAP:
Sophia will be presented by the one and only Kaya ❤️❤️ (the one on the picture).
Marie will be Hannah Murray, and I will post a picture of her on the next chapter.

--•--

"We have landed on San Francisco, California. You may now use your phones." the voice in the speaker said, waking me up from a long flight.

Oh fuck, will people notice my accent? They will probably make fun of me for not being American.

Oh fuck no! I'm not bilingual, I mean I can speak another language, but my main tongue is English. Or should I say 'British'?

All the bad thoughts left my head as soon as confusion settled in from the airport. So many people, everywhere.

I pulled my handbag so it fitted better on my shoulder and followed a sign that mentioned 'Exit'. I still needed to get my other suitcases, but I just assumed they were all in the same direction as the exit, and to my luck, I was right.

--•--

So, assuming this wouldn't be like Manchester, I just didn't expect anyone to help me with my cases, until someone did.

"Hello, I'm Marie, I came in the same flight as you, need a little help?" The blond haired girl introduced herself.

"Hum, I'm Sophia, thank you lots." I answered her previous question.

"Yup, here you can grab one of the carrying carts thing, I'm sorry. I don't know what they're called" she let out a short giggle, "and then it's easier to pull all of your baggage, see?"

I really found it helpful to carry my baggage that way, so I pulled the cart until I reached the outside of the airport and called for a cab.

Marie was still behind me, making sure no one helped themselves around me, I think that's what she called robbing? I guess she just made it sound a little more soft.

"Hey Marie, thank you for the help, I'm staying at the Beresford hotel for 10 nights. So we might see each other downtown." I sent a slight smile her direction.

"Yeah sure, hm, why don't you give me your phone number and I'll call? I actually live in the upper part of town so it's far from downtown." She said.

"Yeah, but why don't you just give me your phone number and I will call whenever I get a phone, because I just flew in from Manchester, so I don't have an American phone number" I admitted.

"Oh," she let out a laugh louder then last time, "alright, I didn't think about that, hm well I'll just write it down for you." She handed me a piece of paper and we hugged and said goodbye.

About two minutes later my cab arrived and it took me straight to Beresford hotel.

Oh shit, way to go, oh god fuck you Sophia, pounds really? Did you not know that you would be coming to America? Which means DOLLARS NOT POUNDS? For fucks sake.

"Hm, oh god, I'm so sorry sir, I only have pounds here, would you mind if I just went into the hotel and take out some dollars?" Of course he was going to say no, way to go Sophia.

"Alright, but I will go with you." What? He accepted yay, well now let's just take out about my bags.

--•--

So the Sir. ended up being extremely nice and gave me a bank name in case I wanted to change the money I had with me to dollars instead of just pulling out dollars from my credit card. He said this way it's was better because I didn't have to pay any fees.

It's the accent Sophia, they love you already.

Oh shut it, God damn, I really got to stop thinking and talking to myself.

So, looking for room number 63 (random number don't judge) I kept looking at the doors on each side of the 2nd floor on the east side of the building.

As I reached the door, I was instantly welcomed with a cozy feeling as big bed was in the middle of the room and an average sized desk was on the side of it. Directly to my front there were two glass sliding doors with a balcony surrounded by metal fence.

At least it's a safe room. I thought yet again.

--•--

After getting settled in, which only consisted of putting my suitcases away and taking a shower, I was ready to go.

It was almost 4 o'clock, and in Manchester stores close at 6 so I assumed I could still go around town a little.

"Alright miss, we will keep your room key and would like to get a driver for the remaining days you will be staying here?" The polite man at the main desk asked.

"No thank you, I will just walk today."

"Okay, but once again, just know that our services have drivers for just a short time, and we may also call taxis from the main desk if you please." He smiled and handed me a map of downtown.

"Oh okay, thank you." I waved and left the hotel.

As I stepped in the sidewalk, the only thought in my head was to change my appearance and get a new phone number.

Alright, where to now?

--•--

Oh hello dear readers, if there is really anyone interested in this story 😂 well anyways, this story shall get interesting, really! But I just want you guys to kinda know the story behind the 'bad girl' act. Well, read on little readers!

Also! Oh god, I AM NOT AMERICAN. So my story may suck on a scale from a little to a lot! Well enjoy ❤️❤️ stay put and stay sharp.