Confidence Is The Key

"So, do you think you will stay on this side of San Francisco or move closer to downtown?" Marie asked me as we made our way up her house stairs.

In the time that I had stayed at the hotel, me and Marie went out almost everyday, and really thrashed the place before we left. So now, me and May (the nickname I gave her) were hungover as hell and just couldn't be bothered to get the stuff out of her moms car.

Yes, did I mention that in America you can get a type of a driving license at 16 years old? Well yeah.

So, being that way May was the same age as I was (17) and we were both on our senior year. But she already drove around her moms car, with an adult (her brother) in it.

I found out that I really enjoyed her brothers company, not in a 'I'm developing feelings for him' kind of way, but more of a 'you're really chill, I like your attitude' way.

But, getting back on track, I had officially moved in with Marie and we just got back from the small piercings shop near her house. Yes I had gone to get yet another piercing because we both got to the conclusion that my Septum piercing was barely visible.

"I don't know why? But your the only person I really know, so I might keep myself close to this address." I told her in all honesty.

"Oh I just assumed that you would wanna check into school, since August is coming and we have to go back to school on August 9th." She said.

"Oh shit yeah, I didn't really remember that detail. Yeah we gotta check that out."

--•--

After her showing me the school's website and me admiring the size of the school, I went to search for her brother, the one responsible adult to make us food.

"Hey Tyler!" I shouted from the kitchen, "Are you home?" I shouted once again, moving to the living room.

Yes, I had made myself pretty comfortable, I mean I have to be, if I'm going to be here a couple of weeks, right?

"I'm in my room, what do you girls want now?" He shouted back, making this house look like a mental institution.

I guess he wasn't expecting me to come into his room, because he was too involved in his own shit to even glance at the door.

I slightly coughed and he jumped a little making me chuckle, "What are you making for lunch?" I asked quickly.

"I was just thinking on some simple pasta with vodka sauce (it's like a tomato sauce, doesn't really involve vodka) or we could order some Chinese or pizza."

"Yeah I think the pizza idea suits my lazy ass better" I admitted and laughed along with him.

"Alright Phia" he said and looked at me.

"Did you just call me Phia?" I looked at him in wonder, I thought he was kinda shy, but here he is now, giving me nicknames.

"Hm yeah, it that alright? I just assumed since you call Marie May I could call you Phia."

"Oh it's fine, I just wasn't expecting it."

"Well yeah." He said finally ending our little convo and reaching for his phone on his bed side table.

I stood there, looking at his desk and ended up sitting on his chair, admiring his room. It was the way any boys room would be, at least that's what I thought.

The room has a darker shade of grey walls and a single bed in the corner. At the wall opposite to the desk and above my head on the desk there were posters from PTV and BMTH and Asking Alexandria and SWS.