Chapter 2: Partners

Saturday, 3 PM at Fushiguro's place

Y/N's POV:

It was almost 3 in the afternoon but the sky turned dark. A thought in my head urged me to go back. Go back now and get an umbrella. But I didn't want to be late. What if Fushiguro thinks I'm unreliable? I began to walk faster, breathing heavily to maintain my stamina. My body was trembling from the chilliness of the wind. The first drops weren't drops, but a surge of cascading water. No time to think now. Just run!

I was finally standing at Megumi's front porch, soaking wet, shaking like a leaf. I rang the doorbell. The door let out a small creak and opened slowly.

"Who's this?" An unfamiliar voice spoke with a deep tone. I looked up and saw a white-haired young man with black round glasses. I panicked. I wasn't expecting someone else. Did I come to the wrong house?

"Hi~ You must be Y/N. Oh my, you look like a mess. No need to be scared~ Are you looking for Megumi-kun?" he said with a smile on his face.

"What are you both doing outside? Get in," said Megumi. And as usual, he had this annoyed expression. His presence made me spiral deep into my thoughts again. He looks displeased. Will we get along? Are we going to fail this project?

"Now~ Now~ Megumi~ No need to be a sour puss. Every lemon face makes the doctors go awayyy~" said the white-haired man while he spread his arms like a bird. I'm starting to think this place is a madhouse.

"Please come in. My name is Gojo Satoru and I'm Megumi's dad. You must be Megumi's partner for the Lé Resistánce Project, ya?~" said Gojo.

"Hi, Gojo-San. It's nice to meet you." I said as I walked into the house. I forced a smile. Trying so hard not to focus on my shivering body. I couldn't think straight. I scanned the house and noticed Megumi was out of sight.

"Uhh.. Where's Fushiguro?" I asked Gojo.

"Hmm.. Don't know," Gojo replied with a perplexed look on his face.

Then, Megumi walked out of his room with a set of clean clothes and a towel in his hands.

"Here. Take a warm bath and get changed. The bathroom is over there." Megumi said as he handed me the clothes and towel, pointing in the direction to the bathroom with his index finger.

"Thank you!" I said in relief. I was caught off guard by Megumi's gestures. But I felt very grateful.

I walked into the bathroom and locked the door. The bathroom was clean and spacious, decorated with chromed-white tiles. I put the clean clothes on the tabletop. It was a simple white T-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. I removed my wet denim sweatshirt and jeans. Soaking in heated water, letting it gently hug every inch of my skin felt like heaven. The aroma of the lavender soap bubbles was most welcoming to the senses. I dried myself with the towel and put on the dry clothes. They were too large for me but they felt cozy and warm. And they smelled like fresh laundry. As I recentered and felt my inner peace returning, that's when I connected the dots and realized... I was wearing Megumi's clothes.

This got me thinking. Megumi may appear blunt and emotionless on the surface, but his actions say otherwise. It felt like deep down, he truly cares for others. Maybe I was wrong about him. Maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt. He felt like a puzzle to solve, a mystery to uncover. Something about him made me so intrigued.

MEGUMI'S POV:

I was sitting on the couch in the living room, waiting for Y/N while Gojo was feeding treats to our two dogs, Shiro and Kuro. Then, Y/N came out of the bathroom. It was a relief to see that she has stopped shivering. Her pale face turned rosy again. Her eyes lit up. They looked at me with a softness I had never met before. Her gentle smile across her face and her dainty little dimples made me freeze. Seeing her in my clothes gave me a weird, fuzzy feeling in my chest. Even though we barely talked, I couldn't understand why I felt so drawn to her.