Codominance part 2

Liam was sitting on the steps in the library, letting his eyes wander around the room. The few people that were there moved about the room so obliviously to what had happened there barely a week ago. Liam couldn't help but envy them. His mind kept flashing back to the night of the Supermoon, when he had tried to kill Scott here. He could still hear Scott's pleas and attempts to try to get through to him while he yelled that all he wanted to do was kill him.

"What are you doing?" she asked stopping in front of him.

He sighed. "Trying not to get involved."

"Does that include with me?" she asked, moving to sit beside him.

"Maybe," Liam shrugged.

That caused Hayden to sigh. "Look, I know how you look up to Scott, how all of you feel about him, but he just can't protect us the way that Theo can." Liam's expression turned hard at that, which made her look away from him. "My sister-"

"Your sister is the Sheriff's deputy. She looks like she could take care of herself."

"Stiles' dad is the Sheriff. He looks like he could take care of himself too. Now he's in the hospital."

"Yeah, because of Theo."

"That wasn't him," she tried to defend. "That was that Noah guy."

"Is that what you really think? You know, you don't have to do this. Look, whatever you think you owe him-"

"My sister," she cut in. "I was dead. We had already lost our parents and then she had lost me too. There is no way my sister would've survived that. It would ruin her. Do you get it now? Theo made sure she wouldn't have to. That's what I owe him."

Liam looked down to his hands, making them fold into each other. He didn't want to admit that Hayden actually had a good point there. Hayden loved her big sister. Her last wish to him that night was that he get her as she didn't want to die alone without her. Hayden went to put her hand over them, making him look softly back at her. 

The two of them began to lean in a bit and were close to kissing when they pulled away as they heard a crashing noise echo in their ears

Hayden started to ask "Did you hear-"

"Yeah," Liam answered, jumping to his feet.

________________

Mason was moving down the length of the boy's locker room until he came upon where Corey was changing. He let himself have a moment to check him out as Corey took his sweatshirt off. Corey turned his gaze over and spotted Mason looking, which made him sharply turn around, unsuccessfully trying to act like he hadn't been watching him.

"Want to do something tonight?" Corey asked him.

Mason turned to look back at him with a confused look on his face. "You want to go out again?"