Dreamcatchers

A car pulled up in front of the station and, from the passenger seat, Jordan Parrish sighed as he caught sight of it before turning back to Lydia.

"Thanks for the lift," he said calmly to her. "Sorry I had to cut today so short but I completely forgot that a prisoner is getting transferred tonight."

"Don't worry, it's okay. I'm sure we probably would've had another day of nothing."

Like usual, after school, Lydia and Jordan met together at his place to try and work through all the lore and supernatural literature they could to try and unravel the mystery of what he was. And, like what had been usual for the last couple of months, they found nothing.

Jordan could see her distress but he quickly gave her a small smile. "It's alright Lydia. You know, they say that one more day of dead ends really means you're one day closer to finding the way you're looking for."

Lydia rose an eyebrow at him. "By they, do you mean the Chinese because that sounds like something you read off a fortune cookie."

He let out a chuckle. "Okay, you caught me. Still, it is good advice though." That made her drop her gaze and chuckle amusingly to herself too. Jordan let out a deep breath as he sobered himself. "It's okay. We'll know when we know. I just hope it won't be something bad."

"It won't be," she said sternly.

"How do you know?"

Lydia moved her right hand over to be on top of his. "Because you're a good man Jordan Parrish," she told him as if that settled the matter.

Jordan found his hand moving to take hold of hers and they moved to stare square in each other's eyes. Lydia felt a warmth coming from his hand and she wasn't sure if it was from whatever Jordan was or if she was imagining it. They didn't know how long they kept their shared gaze. It could've been a few seconds, or a few minutes, but it all ended when two hard beams of light shined on them. They let go of each other's hands and looked away to see it was from the headlights of a van.

"Oh," Jordan's eyes widened. "It's the transport van. I have to go."

Lydia waved as Jordan hurriedly got out of the car to head into the station. Her eyes followed after him as he went for the front door. She then let out a hard flustered breath and looked up to her mirror to see that her face had gotten a bit reddened.

Deputy Clark was standing in wait in front of the reception desk. She had her arms folded and narrowed her eyes as soon as she caught sight of Jordan coming into the station's front entrance.

"It's about time Parrish," she huffed. "We're about to transport the prisoner."

"I know, I'm sorry," he quickly apologized.

Clark narrowed her eyes at him. "You okay? You seem a bit flustered."

He cleared his throat as he tried to get his mind at what just happened a moment ago. "I'm fine."

"Well, then c'mon. Let's go."

The two deputies headed off for the cells, passing by the Sheriff's office where he was getting himself ready too for a dinner date. Clark already had the cuffs and transport chain jacket prepared Jordan moved to carry them. They met with Mr. Stewart and his escort.

"Let's get him ready," the lawyer told the deputies.

Donovan lifted his head up as his cell door was opened and he saw the small group.

"Stand up straight and keep your hands in front of you," Clark told Donovan.

He sighed but did what he was told. Jordan handed Clark the cuffs and they were thrown on him before he was fitted with the prisoner chain jacket over his chest. Clark then led Donovan out of the cell and Jordan moved to cover his other side as Stewart led them out of there.