Chapter 9

Arjun waited with bated breath, waiting for others to wake up. He knew Madri had a soft spot for him and would answer all of his question without getting suspisious. The moment Madri woke up, Arjun took her away from the hut, and asked her permission to ask a few questions.

She looked at him with amused eyes, wondering what question invades the mind of the young prince.

"Mata, how did you and Pitashree get married?" Madri was shocked and a red hue tainted her cheeks

"Mata, how did you and Pitashree get married?" Madri was shocked and a red hue tainted her cheeks. "Why this sudden interest in marriage, Arjun?",she asked him.

Arjun's pov

What should I say now?

"I was just wondering....", I stuttered, blushing a little. I heard mata laugh. "Your pitashree came to my swayamvar, and I put the garland around his neck.",replied mata,chuckling a little.

Oh that's it.........i just need to find a garland....hmmmm...easy!

Savyasaachi's heart had found peace for just a second before the mind provided another reason to worry for.

Getting the garland would be an easy task, sure, but what about Sanchi? Will she agree to this? Even if she does agree to marriage wouldn't she prefer Jyesth? or Bhrata Bheem? they are older and mature and they don't fight with her...or pull her hair...or push her in the puddles. How should I make her pick me? I guess i should start with the easy things.

I soon realized that making the garland would be far easier since we have so many beautiful flowers near us. So the next morning, I picked fresh red lotus flowers, which I knew were her favourite, and tried weaving them together to make a garland. They turned out to be a little wonky and uneven but they still looked beautiful. I prayed to the gods to keep the flowers fresh till I find her.  

The next task was the one thing I dreaded the most, I had to now talk to her. I had asked her to meet me near the river, so I walked through the forest trying to form a speech that could convince her. When I reached the river, I already found her there speaking with her father. My anxiety shot up at the sight of her and my brain went blank. "Arjun, what is it? Why are we meeting here? Did you even inform Kakashree? I will not help  you this time...",she started talking. I take a deep breath....I told myself that I would take it slow and gradually pick up the main topic. "Please speak fast, I have to meet another friend of mine today.", she asked.

The moment she said that my jealousy got the best of me and..."Don't marry that idiot, marry me instead!", I yelled at her. She froze, "Who told you?" "I heard you and Nakul, by mistake, I wanted to scare you two so I hid behind the bush", I told her honestly. "And why should I ask you for a decision that does not concern you in any way? ", she asked, shocking me. "But this does concern me, you are my best friend....I want you to marry me, not him", I grumbled. Even though face was calm, her eyes burned in anger....but I wasn't ready to back down, "You want me to marry you...But what about what I WANT?", she asked me calmly.