Chapter 12: Fright Night

It's been a few days since the Ember incident. Here we see we fade in in to outside Casper High school. The sky is overcast and bleak, and a clock reads 1:00. Pan right. The screen fills with the sight of a bright, orange pumpkin that has the words “HAPPY HALLOWEEN” carved into it, with the bleachers in the background. Suddenly, Danny’s face lands in the pumpkin chin down, grunting in pain.

The bottom part of the pumpkin shell is intact, but pieces of the shell and some pumpkin juice clutter Danny’s face. Danny puts down a gloved hand and opens his green eyes, looking to the top-right corner in an expression of irritation.

We cut to a shot of the bleachers. Danny is seen from behind and is crouching down. An electric blue ghost eel is floating in front of Danny, his body cascading. The eel growls slightly.

Danny stands up into a fighting stance, the screen panning up with Danny. We cut to a close up of the eel. its body is still cascading, and now it turns around to fly off-screen, in the direction of the top-left corner.

Cut to Danny, seen from the front. He is assuming a fighter stance, standing on grass with some orange leaves on it. There is a picnic bench behind him, on a piece of concrete a foot tall. Casper High is in the background, behind a mesh fence. There is a banner hanging on it that reads “Happy Halloween”. There are also two pumpkins, one with three identical circles for a face that is on the concrete next to the table, and another on the ground that has three identical triangles and a wide mouth on the ground next to Danny. Danny bends his knees down, clenching his fists and jumps up into flight.

Cut to a gray, action background. Danny flies onscreen from the bottom-right corner, with his hair blown back and his arms both out and fingers open, a ghost tail cascading behind him.

Cut to a sky shot. In the bottom-right corner there is a street with a tree and a pole next to it. In the top-left corner is the ghost eel. The screen pans left as the eel flies in that direction; with Danny’s glove reaching out from behind on the right side of the screen. Zoom in on the eel’s tail. Danny’s gloved hands come in from the right side of the screen, attempting to firmly grasp the tail with a blue action shape added for emphasis as Danny grunts with effort off-screen.

Cut to another shot, this one on a diagonal tilt. The eel’s tail is flying on the top-left corner, while Danny is flying in the bottom-right corner, his hands on the tail.

As they are both flying at the same speed, the tail slips out of Danny’s hands. Danny looks down at his hands, which are in a cylindrical formation to show where the tail was, and reaches out his left hand in the direction of the camera to grasp the tail in a fist, while his right hand flies off open-palmed to grab the tail as well. But the tail slips out of his fist again. Danny takes both of his aimless hands to clamp it down, but the eel’s tail whacks him on the top of his head, forcing Danny to look down while his hands go down with it. The screen stops panning as Danny stops in mid-air, sitting with his knees bent, his right arm on the top of his head.

Cut to an aerial view of Amity Park. There are buildings in the back and on the right, with streets to the left. The eel flies in front the bottom-right corner, seen from behind. When it is far back, it turns around to look at Danny mischievously. Cut to Danny’s face.

Danny: You’re one slippery ghost eel, but I bet you don’t know this trick!

Zoom out to an aerial view of the Casper High campus. The school itself is seen in the far back, while the football field is in the front, with a mesh fence and a courtyard separating the two. Danny is floating full-body, with his back arched forward in a fighter stance. Danny lifts his arms and bends his knees backward, his hands blazing with green ectoplasmic energy blasts. The force of the blasts knock him back as Danny is lying down in the air with his knees bent in front of him, lasers coming out of his hands.
Cut to the eel. It’s smiling as the blast reaches it, the eel glows green for a second, just absorbing the blow without a second thought, with a purring growl. The eel then straightens it neck back, zooming in on its face as its solid green eyes change to a blazing solid red. Cut to a close up on Danny.