Till The End

I sat cuddled against my wife as we looked through her family album.  She was trying to find the picture of her great great great something uncle's photo of him standing on a horse when he was a lad.

My kisses my forehead and gets up to use the bathroom. I grab one of the albums and flip through it. I never questioned why there wasn't any baby pictures of my wife,  she told me she was adopted when she six. She didn't really like to talk about it.

As I flip through the pages I noticed my wife in one of them. She's about 19 or 20 but something is wrong. I put my finger under the date, "January 16th, 1867."

How odd, she looks just like her great great great great grandmother,  but she's adopted...
I grab another album and flick through. This is definitely my wife in 1958 with some friends, but she was born in 1980.

I keep flipping through the pages and I noticed people from the older album are cropping up too alongside my wife. What the hell is going on?

I jerk my head up and see my wife looking pale and scared,  "Mar, it isn't what it looks like!"

"What are you?" I ask softly,

She looks away, "You'll just leave me."

I take her hand and kiss the ring on her finger, "Through sickness and in health,  through our our battles and weaknesses, I'll forever love my Sarah-Elizabeth, I take thee as my wife and partner. Until death shall separate." I recite my vow to her kisses her hand again then her lips, "Tell me."

"Well you know how I can't eat any of your Italian mother's food?"

"Yes." I said, "You have a garlic allergy."

"Or how we didn't have our wedding in a Catholic church."

I nod, "Your dream wedding was a autumn outdoors wedding but we had a Catholic priest. "

"Or how I don't like mirrors."

I nod once more,  "You struggle to love yourself and I'm not going to stop until you love yourself." I said.

She tears up, "I'm a v-vampire."

At twenty-nine, I out grew fairytales and monsters. But a monster was right in front of me. But she was no monster,  she was beautiful wife. With flowing strawberry blond hair, marble grey eyes,  her pink lips, and crooked nose from when she fell off her bike.  She's my wife. The one I fell in love with in high school.

I put my hand on her waist and pull her close. I kiss her like it's our first kiss, like it's our wedding all over again.

I cup her face my other hand resting on her slender waist, "Im a little upset you didn't tell me in in beginning but I understand," I take a deep breath, "Make me a vampire."

She looks stunned, "Mar.."

"I can't live without you my darling wife. I never want to leave you." I kiss her lips, her cheeks, her chin, anywhere I can reach on her tan face.

Tears welt in her eyes and she kiss me, I can taste the salty tears on her lips. She moves her head down. I feel her fangs poke at my neck. There's a slight jolt of pain but pleasure takes over. I close my eyes and hold my wife tight. I never want to leave my darling Sarah-Elizabeth.