Ch 412: Catastrophe Messenger Part 1

"Meh~!"

There weren't that many operators who worked here that had pets on the Island.

Eyjafjalla was in that minority, maybe even rarer. Lin Ye had never seen someone who kept sheep as pets.

They all gathered around the both of them Most of them were competing with each other to get pet by him

As Lin Ye was giving them the attention they wanted, he glanced at Eyjafjalla.

With how her staff looked like a piece of a branch that was cut off, she looked more like a shepherd that herded sheep than a Catastrophe Messenger.

In other words, she was cute.

He enjoyed petting the sheep's heads. They felt so soft and fluffy. It took all of his willpower to not snuggle into them and fall asleep at that very moment. Alas, he could only enjoy their fluffy wool by petting them for now.

"Meh~!"

And they seemed to enjoy it too.

"They hurt people?"

Lin Ye asked after Eyjafjalla explained the nature of her sheep to him. Then he looked at the sheep that he was currently petting.

"Meh~!"

".... Really?" Lin Ye raised brow, "How unexpected..."

Eyjafjalla nodded.

"They are quite special," She timidly told him, "They usually hurt people when they get near them."

"Really? Them?" Lin Ye was still confused, "Do they bite them?"

"No," She shook her head, "They do not attack people, but they become extremely hot when they are feeling tense. It's their self-protection measure."

Lin Ye felt like he knew someone who did the same thing. Then he remembered who that person was.

"Are they called Skyfire?"

"Skyfire?" Eyjafjalla tilted her head, a little confused, "No, they aren't. I call them little black sheep."

"Haha. I am just joking." Lin Ye chuckled and rubbed her head, "On a side note, don't tell a person named Skyfire that I said that to you."

Lin Ye coughed.

"And don't worry about it." Lin Ye smiled at her, "They won't hurt me. Animals are very comfortable with me."

"Is that so?" Eyjafjalla looked amazed at him, "Senpai, you're amazing!"

"It's nothing special," Lin Ye smiled at her.

He pulled out his phone and looked at the time. He still had time to go to his office. He glanced at Eyjafjalla.

"Are you free now?"

"I am," Eyjafjalla nodded, "You are my senior. I will listen to you."

Lin Ye nodded back and was about to guide her to his office when he thought about something.

"Eyjafjalla" Lin Ye glanced at her, "Can I ask you something?"

"Yes," Eyjafjalla smiled at him, "What is it?"

"Can I call you Eyja?" Lin Ye scratched his head," Your name is kind of a mouthful to say."

She was shocked by this. She lowered her head.

Seeing this, Lin Ye thought that he had overstepped his boundaries.

"Oh, I am sorry," Lin Ye apologized, "Forget that I ever ask-."