Ch 460: Mostima's Gift

"... So, only two people were involved?" Wei Yenwu looked at the photo given to him by L.G.D. on the table, He raised his brow at the person in front of him, "I do know that Penguin Logistics does have a strong Messenger on their side. She is quite a well known figure in the Messenger's world. However, despite how strong she is, she could not possibly be able to take all of them by herself alone. With how one of them specializes in killing caster, the other person must play a big role in killing them."

"I agree," Standing behind Wei Yenwu was a man in a black robe. Their voice was just a whisper but it was loud enough for Wei Yenwu to hear, "GoldenGhost, BlackBack and SilverBlade were the close guards of Emperor of Ursus, and their strength were naturally above than most. If I had to face all of them by myself, I cannot say I would be able to beat them. Even if Penguin Logistics' messenger could hold BlackBack with her extraordinary talent alone, how could she deal with the other two?"

Wei Yenwu looked down at the photo.

In it he saw a familiar figure.

The image of Lin Ye, who was in a coma, being carried by Mostima.

"... Then," He tapped his finger on Lin Ye's image, "The only reasonable thing to think is that this was his doing, no? However, his strength is unknown to even me."

"... I did some research on this person. However, something seems to not add up," The person said, "From what I gathered, there is nothing special about this individual. He is just a medical operator in Rhodes Island."

Wei Yenwu glanced at the person with an eye.

"So from all of that?" He asked, "Do you believe that this man is nothing special?"

"Of course not." They shook their head, "... This man is an anomaly. Even we have little to none of data about him."

"... I thought so," Wei Yenwu murmured, folded his arms around his torso and huffed in the smoke from his pipe, "Who knew Kal'tsit could find someone as interesting as him. I knew that Rhodes Island was more than just a normal pharmaceutical company. I have to say, they do know how to pull out an act."

Then he chuckled.

"Interesting, really interesting," He puffed out a cloud of white smoke as he smirked to himself, "It seems that I need to strengthen the relationship that I have with them. "

The man in front of Wei Yenwu knew that it was not his place to ask about what he just said. With that he changed the subject that they were talking about, "Governor Wei. How did you explain this to Ursus?"

"Explain to them? How else should I explain to them?" Wei Yenwu said lightly, "'My Guards were not involved in this. They were too just helping the citizens with the increasing flood that was happening in the city. None of them were dispatched by me. The group that went to kidnap the scholar were beaten to the ground by two people who had nothing to do with Lungmen. It's that simple."

"... Just like that?"

"Just like that," Wei Yenwu said. He turned his chair around and glanced at the sky that was slowly lightening up, "They have no reason to trouble me. On the contrary, they have to pay me for my cooperation this time. As for other things, Ursus didn't dare let this news into the public domain."

"I see" The robe man nodded, "But the emperor will not take this lying down, I assume?"

"If he wants to seek revenge, he can only do it himself." Wei Yenwu said slowly, "It just so happens that if he did want to seek it, I can see the true level of strength that Rhodes Island has in their arsenal. If they can survive the pressure of Ursus, it would be even more telling that we need to have a good relationship with them. As for us..."