Ch 523: Other Gods

"Dr Lin? What are you looking at?" Grani's voice sounded behind Lin Ye.

"Ah, nothing." Lin Ye retracted his gaze, and the other party put on her sunglasses. She then turned and left as if nothing had happened.

"Attention everyone!" The tour guide called to get their attention, "The mountain that we are going to climb now is called Mountain Fubo, and the temple we are going to is called Fubo Temple."

"Let's go with them," With Garni behind him, Lin Ye then went to the group and stood near his group.

"Two thousand years ago, the Temple of Fubo was established," The woman continued, "According to legend, it was a temple established by Master Fubo to suppress the Nian beasts here."

Mount Fubo? Fubo Temple? Master Fubo? Nian Beast?

Why did all the names sound the same? Were they just too lazy to come up with different names? Seemed so.

And Nian exists in this world too, huh?

From what he remembered, it was a well-known creature in Chinese legends.

If he remembered correctly, the Nian beast's head looked like a lion with a sharp horn on it that could attack its prey. It lived at the bottom of the sea most of the time and would go ashore only on the last day of the lunar year to eat people and livestock.

Although fierce, it had its weakness; items that are red, bright lights and firecrackers. That was the reason on Lunar New Year's Eve, people would put up red couplets, hang up red lanterns, set off firecrackers, keep the lights on and stay up late.

This version of Nian was a bit different. Terra's version had a monk. What did he do to seal Nian away?

He did not know. He did not care, so he let it be and followed the guide, who was holding the horn and flag as they climbed the mountain.

The stairways that they used to climb were well maintained. Maybe it was because of this place being a tourist attraction? He wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Humans usually do things that benefit themselves, so the idea of people keeping this place in good condition for money because of how many people came here was not farfetched for him.

With how beautiful this place was, he could see why people like to come here.

Lin Ye would sometimes zone out and look around him. Greens were everywhere he looked, and he quite enjoyed it. This was one of many things that he shared with his mother, they loved nature. Lin Ye would love to go camping with her, but with how sick he was, that thought was nothing but a dream to him.

"You're zoning out again," Lin Ye turned to see Messiah walking beside him. She smiled as she looked at him, "What's the matter?"

"... Nothing," Lin Ye shook his head, "Just enjoying the breezes."

Messiah hummed to this and walked beside him.

As they walked, Lin Ye then thought he should chat with her. Few get the chance to talk with a god after all.

"Messiah," He called her. Hearing her name, Messiah glanced at him, "Have you met any other god?"

"Other gods?" She muttered. Then she glanced at him curiously, "Why do you ask?"

"I am just curious," He shrugged, not bothering to hide it from her, "Do gods get along with each other? If I had to guess, gods don't really seem to be a social type of being."

Messiah smiled, "Why do you say that?"

"I guess," He chuckled.

"You guess? That's quite an interesting guess," Messiah nodded and said, "Although I have never seen other gods, I can be sure that there are other gods in this world. If I am near some, I could feel their presence."