Ch 506: New Intern

Lin Ye, Skadi and Exusiai were now set off on their return journey, after they stayed at Sokk for less than a day.

Undoubtedly, this was not enough time for them to completely rest but what could they do? In the past few hours, Sokk has dramatically changed. This was something that the people living here would remember for a very long time.

As they were about to leave the town, this small town was completely taken over by Yelene's Yetis Squad. The change was very noticeable for Lin Ye to see.

Posters of recruitment were plastered on every building that he passed to join them. The lights of the town were now shining throughout the night. But he did not care about all of that.

What he cared about was how the people that were living here were reacting to all of this.

More people come out to the streets. He could hear children playing. He saw some of the Yetis patrolling the town.

So compared to their last leader, the public opinion of their new leader was much better. This came to no surprise to him, seeing that most of the residents in this place were majority Infected. From what he heard from people talking, Yelena gave the people her words, saying that she would protect everyone in the town, Infected or not.

Suffice to say that he wasn't that worried about the town now. It looked like it was in good hands now.

As to the people that used to run this town, after their boss was dead and all that, most of them had already fled the town.

This is actually a good thing, and Lin Ye is also happy to see that the infected are not oppressed. However, Lin Ye remembering that Yelena and her group were a part of Reunion still left a bitter taste for him.

He shook that thought as soon as it appeared.

He believed in the Yetis to take care of this town.

He trusted Yelena.

Speaking of Yelena, when leaving the town, Lin Ye originally wanted to send a text message to her.

[I still trust you.]

However, no matter how much he wanted to press the send button, his finger just hovered.

Finally, he decided to delete the message and put his phone away.

He thought that if he sent the message it would just ruin her mood so it might be too early for him to talk to her.

Besides she had a whole city to take care of, he did not want to bother her. So it was better for him to just leave for now.

Then his mind wondered at what made their relationship to be... strained.

He killed some of her family.

If Lin Ye was being honest, he did not feel guilty about killing them. They threaten to hurt people that he cares about. It was not that he enjoyed killing, it was just that if needed, to keep the people that he held dear safe, he would not hesitate.

That was why he understood why Yelena would hate him.

He sighed at the situation that he was in now. He needed to focus, he was driving after all.

On how he got the small van in the first place, a smile appeared on his face as he remembered.

They found a van parked just in front of their hotel. On the van, laid a note just on its front window.

[Here.]

Even without having a clue for him to use, he knew who this was.

That girl. Looks like you don't hate me that much.