Chapter 6

"I see you found another one but I have to question. Why are you out in the middle of the night?"

"We wanted to find the vampire and well we found it alright."

"The last thing this guard said was Tha. Do you know anyone with a name like that?"

"Besides myself? Thaddeus of course."

"Then it must be Thaddeus. Because I've seen you out walking in the sun." Amaris confirms.

"Then it's settled, we'll confront Thaddeus." When we returned to Amaris' house, the hole town had surrounded the house.

"What's going on?"

"We heard that you found another body!" One of the women yelled out.

"We did and we know of the fiend behind this." The towns people where shocked.

"Don't worry Amaris, I'll protect you." Thaddeus said walking towards her.

"You stay away from her blood sucker!" I yelled standing between them.

"You must have me confused with someone else."

"No we don't." Lasria said shoving the garlic into his face.

"You do realize I have an allergy to that stuff right?"

"Only vampires have allergies to garlic!" Ruby exclaimed.

"It's possible to get an allergy to anything." He reasoned.

"Before the last victim died, he told me that the person who killed him was someone with a name similar to Tha." Everyone gasped and I smirked. That information is the most damning against him.

"What if it's that creepy guy who deals with the dead? Thanatos?"

"No! Thanatos would never!" Amaris exclaimed breaking free from her regular monotone expressions.

"How do you know? I say, we kill the vampire!" As he started to rally up the people I got an idea.

"Amaris, we need to take Thanatos outside the sanctuary and outside Xoulum. Thaddeus will burn in the sunlight." Lasria and I climbed onto our horses while Ruby climbed onto Mina's back.

"Do you have a horse Amaris?"

"No."

"Don't worry, climb on with me." Together we road towards Thanatos' house.

"Thanatos!" Ruby yelled.

"Yes?" He asked walking outside.

"You need to come with us. Your life is in danger. Lasria will protect you." I instructed as he climbed into Lasria's horse. We road out of the sanctuary and our rides ran quickly. We had arrows whizzing over our heads, eventually Thanatos was shot down in the shoulder. Amaris jumped down and helped him up. I grabbed her wrist and pulled them both onto my horse. We stopped our horses on the outskirts of the town.

"Quick, everybody off." We walked slowly, as we moved I pulled out the arrow in Thanatos' heart and healed his wounds.

"You should be fine now." I told him. We turned around and the crowd had stopped at the edge of Xoulum.

"What are you doing Amaris?" Thaddeus demanded.

"What I've always wanted to. Escape." Thaddeus approached us and Amaris stood in front of us.

"If you want to hurt Thanatos then you'll have to go through me."

"And us." We all stood in front of Thanatos.