Chapter 7

"My name is Alena, I am the student of Jespar. He was kidnapped by Erebus and Erebus won't give my mentor back to me unless I give him the hero. I don't know who the Hero is but I know who they are not. Nether Kian, nor I am the hero. Am I a hero? Yes I have done many things to help many people but trust me, if I was the hero. We would all know it, especially me." I explained to my friends and Shanira.

"I see. And the reason you are here in Ishovia?" I sighed and gave them the truthful answer.

"My cover was that I was searching for clues to Jespar's whereabouts but in reality I have no idea why I continue to travel from kingdom to kingdom. What I do know is that I will fight for every waking minute I am alive to save those in need."

"Your heart is pure and you speak the truth." Amaris said cryptically.

"I'm an elf and even I don't understand what you mean." Shanira commented raising an eyebrow.

"It's means....never mind."

"Anyway, I see that you're being honest. As I mentioned before I think I know how to defeat the beast and I think I know why when I arrived it attacked."

"Okay then explain." Lasria demanded folding her arms.

"Well the reason it attacked only when I showed up, maybe it has orders to only attack Sun Elves?" Shanira asked.

"That would explain a lot." Ruby said rubbing Mina's head.

"So in order for us to kill this dragon is to go to where it lives? And that would be Raxakar wouldn't it?" Everyone nodded.

"Alright, let's saddle up. Shanira, would you like to come with us?" I offered.

"Of course! I may be a party animal but I do want to protect my people." We climbed onto the backs of our steeds and raced off towards Raxakar. After three days we finally reached a huge cave that was beside Raxakar.

"So what is this place called?"

"Kairyn I believe." Amaris said putting her hands on her hips.

"This place is giving me the creeps." Ruby exclaimed hugging herself.

"Alright, let's go." We walked inside and the first thing I noticed was the lava trap.

"We have to hop from stone to stone without falling in." Lasria examined.

"Okay, who wants to go first?" I asked looking around.

"I'll go." Shanira said walking back towards the entrance, taking a running start then leaping onto the first stone.

"See? Easy." Shanira said standing up.

"Easy for you to say, you have longer legs." Ruby protested.

"Amaris, toss me Ruby!" Shanira said holding out her open arms.

"You're gonna WHAT?" Ruby demanded as Amaris picked her up and tossed Ruby into Shanira's arms.

"See, you're okay." I called out.

"Easy for you to say, now put me down!" Shanira put Ruby own onto the stone.

"Guys we have to keep going. Two at a time." I ordered. Lasria and Amaris went next, jumping on the stone behind Shanira and Ruby whom had already moved two stones ahead.

"Come on Alena!" Everyone yelled. I looked down at Mina.

"Ready?" Mina nodded and we took a few steps back before running. We both jumped on the stone, I looked up and everyone clapped. We continued to hop from stone to stone until we where almost all across. Did I mention that the stones kept getting higher and higher? Because they did.