Chapter 6

Month 3

Raavi sat in front of her TV, munching on some chips while her Maasi fretted around with her hair.

"Dekh kaise ho gaye hai tere baal, ab chup chaap baith, mai tel lagati hu, acche se maalish kar dungi, ha?" Prafulla sat down with a bowl of warm oil, without waiting for Raavi's response.

Raavi wanted to refuse, but what's the harm, she didn't have anything much to do at Maasi's house, so she gave in.

And honestly, she didn't know why she didn't go to her before, because this was the real deal.

Raavi relaxed on the floor, and leant back into the sofa edge, as her Maasi massaged the oil into her scalp.

Prafulla had always wanted to bring her daughters home during their pregnancy and do all the things their mother would. But Anita decided not to get married and she didn't know what the status of Raavi and Shiva's relationship was.

So she requested Suman to allow her to take Raavi home for a week at least, just so that she doesn't miss out on anything.

Surprisingly, Suman agreed. Raavi had prepared to give Suman a huge speech and convince her to let her go, but it wasn't necessary. Maybe that was the beginning of mutual understanding between her Maasi and Kaki.

So here she was, for the past 2 weeks, in the presence of her Maasi, since Anita and Mausapa had left to town for some business related query.

Raavi understood one thing in these 14 days. She missed Shiva. A lot. She hadn't heard from him in these 14 days, not even a call or text from him. She missed his voice, his stupidly smug smile that was plastered on his face, his messy hair when he woke up in the morning.

She really did like him. Like, a lot.

Raavi didn't deny her feelings for him. Not one bit. She liked him for a long time now, but love? She realised that she was in love with her Bhoothnath only recently, when some nosy, horny somnath ki besharam ladkiyan decided to stare at her husband one hot Wednesday afternoon.

Raavi had decided to make lunch for Shiva and meet him, since she hadn't heard from him at all and she wanted to see him. She made his favourite, jeera aloo and roti, and happily walked to the store.

It was scorching hot, but her husband looked even hotter. He stood there with his shirt wrapped around his waist and jeans, loose vest hanging from his muscular body as sweat droplets made their way down the curves and crevices of his body.

I wonder if I could trace the path these droplets followed-

Raavi shook her head at the sinful thoughts that made very particular images in her mind. But she didn't have to worry about distracting herself, because someone standing right behind her already did it.

"Oye hoye kitna hot lag raha hai yaar!" One girl exclaimed.

"Kaash ye vest bhi utaar deta, itni garmi toh hai, humare dil ko bhi thandak milegi." The second one giggled.

"Uski body dekh yaaaar!" The third drooled.

Raavi heard all of this, and her blood boiled. As if she'd burn them to ashes with her eyes, or strangle them dead. How dare they? He was married, to Raavi Pandya. Such shameless girls!

But Raavi looked down at the tiffin and smirked. Zara mai bhi inhe aina dikha du.

"Arre! Tum log yaha kyu khade ho? Usse baat kar lo!" Raavi said, trying to hide her smile.