Chapter 9

Mature part is the last paragraph. Hope you enjoy this!

...

Vinay opened the door, and he was greeted by a rare sight: His best friend, Shiva Pandya.

"Dekho toh, kaun aaya hai, eid ka chand!" Vinay exclaimed, pulling Shiva into a tight bear hug.

"Bada aaya bolne waala! Kabhi Somnath aaya kar, kamine. Iss Shiva Pandya ko toh bhul hi gaya tu." Shiva chuckled, patting his back and breaking the hug.

"Shivaaaa!" Neha pulled him into a hug "Meri setting karake bhaag gaya, aur engagement pe bhi nahi aaya!"

"Chal chal, thank you bolne ke vajaye daat laga rahi hai." Shiva joked, hugging her back.

Raavi stood there with a cute little smile, awkwardly hands behind her back, because she didn't know who they were, but she was happy seeing Shiva like this.

Neha suddenly noticed Raavi, who waved at both of them, smiling. "Hi, oh my god sorry, andar aao na! Raat ke 11 baje, aur tumhe andar bhi nahi bulaya. Come come!"

Shiva and Raavi stepped into the house, after a small 10 second squabble between him and Vinay, as to who will bring in the bags, and Shiva lost that battle.

Neha made Raavi sit down, and handed her a glass of water, while Vinay kept their bags in the bedroom.

It was a 2 BHK house, pretty big living room with an open kitchen right opposite the entrance. Simple, sweet, lovely to live in.

"Hi, I'm Vinay." Vinay came, forwarding his hand.

"I'm Raavi!" Raavi smiled back, her cheeks getting chubby again, as she shook his hand.

God, I just want to bite her cheeks. Shiva shook his head at his thoughts, smiling.

Neha introduced herself and shook hands with Raavi too.

"Raavi? Tum Raavi ho? Shiva, teri mami ki behen ki beti?" Neha looked at Shiva, puzzled.

Shiva smiled sheepishly, ruffling the back of his head, and this was a sight they hadn't seen before: Shiva Pandya blushing.

"Shiva Pandya ne uske sabse bade dushman se shaadi kar li? Itna pyaar haayeee!" Vinay put his heart over his chest, over acting very clearly.

"Tum dono mujhe jaante ho? Par tumse milte hue yaad nahi mujhe." Raavi asked, confused, because they knew who she was and she didn't.

"Arre," Shiva took a sip from his glass before speaking, "tu jab 2 saal college ke liye Ahmedabad chali gayi thi, tab ye dono Somnath aaye the college ke liye. The toh Dev ki class mein, par mere dost zyaada ban gaye. Mai hu hi itna charming." Shiva pulled up his collar, while Vinay and Neha booed him from behind, jokingly.

"Inki setting bhi maine karayi thi. Jo third wheel banke ghumaya iss kutte ne." Shiva gave one tapli to Vinay, who sat on the arm rest of Shiva's single sofa.

Shiva proceeded to tell Raavi their stories from college, while the other couple reminisced these memories.

Vinay and Neha were together since college, and moved in together after finding a job in Mumbai. And had recently got engaged, by blessings of their parents.

The house they all were currently in was the flat where they lived for 4 years together, and they both had moved back to their parents house to prepare for the wedding, leaving this house empty for the next 4-5 months.

Shiva had spoken to Vinay before leaving Somnath about living here, knowing about their engagement but couldn't make it, since he was taking care of Raavi back at Somnath. Vinay readily agreed and asked Shiva to stay, which surprised Shiva, since the man was about to get married in a few months.