Chapter 17

Note: Mature content in second half.

...

3 months post-delivery

Shiva carried Rudra in his car seat, as Raavi held his baby bag over her shoulder, sitting down at the table the hostess led them to. It had a sofa on one side, while the side opposite the table had chairs. Raavi sat down on the chair, as Shiva sat down on the sofa with the car seat.

Raavi noticed how all the women sitting around them were looking at Shiva with little smiles creeping up their face, as he played peek-a-boo with Rudra, who found it amusing as he started laughing.

Karo, smile, karo. Par sirf itna hi milega. Pura ka pura hot, builder aadmi aur uske paas baitha cute, adorable baccha mera hai. Haso, jee bhar ke haso.

She smiled at her thoughts, as Shiva looked at her, assuming she cracked some pakaao joke in her head.

The waiter placed two menus in front of them, and they thanked him, surfing through the menu.

"Shiva, mujhe ye chilly paneer khaane ka bohot mann hai." Raavi pouted, knowing she couldn't. "Iska alternative kya hai?"

"Paneer tikka? Ya phir tu tomato soup pi sakti hai."

"Haa, chalega. Mujhe woh fried bread thingy bhi chahiye tomato soup ke saath."

"Toh manga na jo bhi chahiye, muh nahi hai kya tere paas?" Shiva said, deciding to order a soup for himself too.

Raavi called the waiter, and ordered a bunch of things for them, including a milkshake because she really felt like having one.

Sugar rush for little kishmish. I should cancel it.

She called the waiter back and cancelled the milkshake, ordering a fresh lime water instead.

"Cancel kyu kiya?" Shiva asked, frowning. She was never someone who'd give up on milkshakes.

Her midnight moodswings during school were the reason his pocket burned a hole each time they snuck away from their house to have some thele ka milkshake and pasta.

He only went because she'd sit on his head. He had no choice. She was very persistent.

"Woh, Rudra ko sugar rush ho jaayega. Nahi pi sakti." Raavi shrugged it off, checking her phone once and keeping it aside.

Shiva looked at her fondly. He learnt something new about her everyday. He knew she was very strict when it came to her dietary restrictions while raising a feeding baby, so watching her give up her milkshake wasn't a surprise to him. It's just that it's been her comfort drink since a child, and she gave it up in a jiffy.

"I'm so glad hum aaj bahar aaye. Itni acchi shopping session hui, tujhe bhi zabardasti shopping karwayi khud ke liye, kabhi toh apne liye shopping kiya kar, Shiva!" She exclaimed, as the soup arrived.

"Kitne kapde try karwa diya tune." He grumbled, sipping on the soup.

"Lekin acche the na? Haa toh bas." She said, looking over the table at Rudra.

"Lekin ghar jaake Rudra ki nazar utaarenge, theek hai? Kuch zyaada hi log aaj isko 'oh such a cute baby' bolke gaye hai." Raavi frowned.

"Haa meri maa, theek hai. Ab khaa le."

As they ate in silence-

Who are we kidding. As they bantered and enjoyed their food, Rudra began to fuss and cry in his car seat.

"Arre. Shiva usko nikaal usme se, bohot time se baitha hai usme. Give, I'll hold him." She beckoned, and he said no.

"I'll hold him. Mere muscles terese jyaada hai. Ek haath mein pakad ke khaa sakta hoon." Shiva smirked as she shook her head at his absolutely unnecessary show-off of his muscles with a 'kya karu mai tera' face.