Chapter 18

7 months post-delivery

Raavi ran around the room, searching for her folder, while Shiva sat on the floor entertaining Rudra.

"Shiva, file nahi mil rahi, late ho jaungi!" She ran around frantic, when Shiva got up, stepped into the room and handed her a folder.

"Le. Khud cupboard mein rakh ke, khud bhul jaati hai, bhullakad chudail."

"Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She sighed in relief, kissed his cheek and hurriedly wore her sandals.

"Maine uska khaana bana diya, usko please dopahar ko sula dena, aur uske bottles sterilise kar de-"

"Kar dunga, meri maa!" Shiva pushed her towards the door. "Jaa ab."

"Mai 2 ghante mein aa jaungi, Dean ke saath interview pata nahi kitna time lage. Okay bye, bye, bye! Bye, my baby!" She blew a flying kiss to Rudra and closed the door.

"All the best!" Shiva yelled, and he heard a muffled 'thank you' from behind the door.

"Oye champ," He looked at Rudra, who tilted his head as if asking 'bol baapu'

"Bhook lagi hai?"

Shiva got up and grabbed the tupperware tiffin in which Raavi had kept his mashed food, opening it , "Chal dekhte hai mumma ne kya banaya tere liye."

Mashed peas.

"CHEE!" Shiva frowned at the tiffin. "Matar kaun khilata hai ek bechare bacche ko? Teri mumma ko tere pe rehem nahi hai kya?" He asked Rudra, who looked clueless as he peered into the dabba.

"Hum ye nahi khaayenge. Chee. Chal, cerelac khaate hai. Lekin mumma ko mat batana, okay? Shhhh." Shiva put a finger on his lips, picking up Rudra, before looking at the mashed peas and going yuck.

When Raavi unlocked the door in a few hours, she excitedly began her ramble," You won't believe it, interview itna accha gaya, they said I'm a very bright student-" She looked around and found the cutest sight ever.

Shiva was asleep on the carpet, with Rudra snuggled into his side and head on Shiva's  arm. Rudra was holding onto Shiva's pinky finger of the hand that laid across Rudra, the other around and holding him closer to himself.

Toys scattered, lunch bowl on the sofa, and these two were peacefully asleep on the floor.

Raavi set her bags down, giggled to herself and brought out a blanket from the room, lying down near Rudra and putting a blanket over all three of them.

"Mamaaa" Rudra babbled in his sleep as if calling her and sensing her presence, she kissed his head, keeping her palm over him, as they all napped on the floor.

.....

Shiva came home from a very tiring day at work. All he wanted to do was curl up in bed, cuddle his little squish ball and go to sleep.

The moment he opened the house door, he was greeted by a sight that definitely knocked the winds out of him.

There she was, the loose end of her saree tucked at her waist, hair in a lose bun as she walked around the kitchen, mumbling something to herself.

Does she not realise how tempting she looked? No make up, no jewellery, no complex hair-do; just her in a saree, hair strands falling across her face.

Whatever tiredness he felt flew out the window. He wanted her. Right. Now.

Shiva walked up behind her and encircled his arms around her, slyly un-tucking her saree, his chin on her shoulder.