Chapter 7

Disclaimer: This part is mature. If you'd like to skip it, I'd suggest that you read 1st and 3rd part of this chapter, which I have separated with '...' before and after the mature part.

...

Chapter 7

Month 4

Raavi stood in front of the mirror, holding a pillow under her t shirt, wondering how golu-molu she was going to get. Her little baby bump had grown a bit more, and was quite evident now, along with the lil' chubbiness around her cheeks being a huge blinker of her pregnancy.

Shiva would wake up and pull her cheeks almost every morning, and Raavi would swat his hand away because of how hard he'd pull her cheeks. And then a few minutes later, he'd creep up from behind her, snake his arms around her waist and bump, place a rough kiss on her cheeks and escape.

Raavi smiled in the mirror thinking about all his antics and mindlessly caressing her one-of-a-kind pillow bump.

That's how Dhara found her when she entered the room, and just smiled at Raavi.

"Raavi?" Dhara called out, causing Raavi to whip her neck around so hard, as if she was an owl with 360° spin ability.

Raavi's eyes widened, and she hastily removed the pillow and threw it on the bed, an embarrassed smile creeping up her face.

"Arre Arre, mere bacche ko aise fek diya bed pe, aise koi karta hai?" Dhara joked, and sat down with Raavi on the bed.

"Mai bas tujhse ye puchne aayi thi, ki amount barabar transfer hua account mein?" She held Raavi's hands and asked.

"Haa di. Aaj subah hi message aaya tha mujhe, maine cross check bhi kar liya. Sab perfect hai." Raavi gave her, her most genuine smile.

Dhara felt indebted to Raavi for life. She was, rightfully so. Raavi was being the boon in disguise. Hell, she was the boon itself. Every time she remembered this, it overwhelmed her so much.

Dhara opened her mouth to thank Raavi, but Raavi guessed her intentions. "No, nahi, no thank you, Dhara Di. Ye sunke na mere kaan pak gaye hai, kitna thank you bologi mujhe!"

Dhara chuckled, and caressed her head, "Accha thank you nahi bolti, lekin thank you bolne ke liye kuch bana toh sakti hu na? Bol, tujhe aaj kya banake du? Ho bhi tu maange!"

Raavi kept her finger on her chin, and tapped it, thinking what she wanted, before blurting out "Bournvita cake!"

Dhara smiled and made sure she'd make whatever the hell Bournvita cake was, because Dhara had no clue what it was.

So she got up to go seek help from Google bhaiyya.

Later that night, as she sat in bed next to Gautam, holding the sonograph from all the visits, she couldn't help but feel.... less emotionally attached to the baby.

Maybe it was because she wasn't carrying it, or undergoing all the visits. But nevertheless, she was sure she'd love her baby to the core when it was finally born.

"Kya soch rahi hai?" Gautam piped up.

"Yahi ki mujhe abhi tak baby se lagaav nahi hua hai. 4 mahine ho gaye hai, Gaumbi, aur mai jab Raavi ko itna excited dekhti hu baby ke photos and doctor visits ko leke, toh sochti hu ki shaayad meri hi galti hai." Dhara sighed

"Ye sab tu mat soch, mai jaanta hu, tu bohot pyaar karegi bacche se. Waise, kya socha hai, ladka chahiye ya ladki?" He asked, trying to divert her mind.

"Jo bhi chahiye, bas healthy baby chahiye. Itne saal baad hi raha hai, toh bas baccha swasth ho, that's it."

So when the doctor messaged them the next day, saying she'd like to discuss something, they eagerly went to her cabin.