Chapter 15

You saw the gun from the counter on the opposite side of the kitchen as you snuck out. Hoping you could get it if you snuck around the back way. For now, you hid in a hallway, waiting for an opportunity. This entire game could be turned on its head if you could just get your hands on Dewey's gun.

You heard Billy questioning Sidney on where you went before Stu had his own complaint. His voice was panicked as he said, "Uhhhh...Houston. Houston, we have a problem here..."

A few moments of silence passed as you bit your lip and waited.

"...What?" Billy demanded before your eyes widened at what Stu said next.

"The gun, man! The gun." Stu gave a tight laugh in disbelief. "I put the gun *knock knock* right here and...It's not here!-"

'Randy? Dewey?' Hope bubbled up in you that they could be alive.

"Where the fuck is it?!"

You heard it cock back and a familiar voice as you peeked out from the hallway.

"Right here, asshole."

'Gale?! Holy shit.' You slid along the wall as Gale went on and on about how she would save the day. You peeked your head into the kitchen at Sidney who looked over at you. You put your finger to your lips.

You heard Billy growl. "...Are you...Are you holding a knife?...The knife on the ground next to Meek?" He sounded like he was about to explode any moment.

You could hear the smugness in Gale's voice. "That's right. I got a little back up plan for when I empty every bullet into you bastards."

You finally saw her in your line of vision near the kitchen. She backed up, pulling the trigger repeatedly. The gun was clicking...But nothing was happening.

Billy snarled at her. "You just majorly fucked up." He kicked her and sent her flying out the front door. You cringed seeing her hit the post and slump to the ground next to Dewey

"...It works better with the safety off." You realized he had the gun once again and you clenched your teeth.

'Gale, what the fuck?!' You cursed in your mind. Trying to think of what to do now. The gun wasn't an option. Once again, your odds weren't looking good. You were distracted from thinking as Sidney helped her dad up and quickly started moving him. You rushed into the kitchen to help her.

She smacked you hand away and put herself between you and her Dad.

"Sid, I'm helping you!"

"Fuck off, I don't need your help-"

"Yes you do, now listen to me. Give me the phone and voicebox and go hide in the closet near the living room. I might have an idea. It's all we have."

"And why would I trust you?" She hissed with narrowed eyes.

"You got any other options?!"

She stared at you for a second before reaching in her Dad's pocket and tossing both to you. You nodded at her as she hauled her Dad away and you rushed to the other closet through the kitchen. Knowing if they saw you, it was over. But it was that or the hallway you just came from with a dead end, the upstairs where you were trapped. You obviously couldn't hide with Sidney and Neil. It was the only place you could think of on crunched time.

You slid down the hall and shut the door quickly, barely clicking it to not alert them. You heared Billy pissed off on the porch. "GREAT! Now, Weather girls fingerprints are overlapping YN's on the fucking knife."