06. Armaan not found.

Tu hai jo sunn toh kya khata, 

Tera mera saath pakeeza,

Iss dil ko tu yun na sata

Maan le...

Ayesha's POV:

"Aashna, stop it. You are overthinking, really." I talked to my best friend on the phone, strolling through the crowded streets of the Public Square. 

"No Aish, don't you get it? It might be a trap. He might be a terrorist from a world class terrorist organization. It's not safe." She panicked.

"Shh.. Armaan is not what you are thinking. He is different, okay?" I defended him.

"How do you know? Have you met him before? Do you even know his real name?" She fired her questions at me.

"What? Is that even a question? I know, I haven't met him before but his name is Armaan. I know that." I assertively said.

"How the hell are you so sure? Have you seen his birth certificate or something? He's lying, Jaan, don't trust him." Aashna could never stay so mad at me. I knew for a fact that she'd start sweet talking to me soon. She is Aashna after all, getting angry is not her thing.

"Aashna, babe, chill. It's safe to trust him, believe me, he's not a terrorist." I could hear her huffing on the other side of the phone as I argued.

"Achha fine, tell where you at now?" She asked.

"At the Public Square."

"Already? How did you even get there?" She started asking questions like my mother.

"I asked Di and Jijs to drop me here. Didn't want to play the gooseberry." I told her and she chuckled.

"Thought you were always the third wheel." She giggled, making fun of me.

"Aashna." I stomped my foot, totally forgetting for a moment that she can't see me.

"Hmm. I'm listening." She replied.

"What? Tell me, what do I do now?" I asked her again.

"Main jo kehti hu, tu humesha uska ulta kaam hi karti hai. I asked you not to meet him but you still went and on top of that, you lied to everyone, Aish."

"Okay, mumma, we can save this lecture for later. Now please tell me, main kya karu?" I was almost on the verge of tears. I had strolled almost half the market but didn't find any guy who fitted Armaan's description and as if that wasn't enough, I saw my father at the tea stall around the corner. I don't know what is he doing there but I know one thing for sure, if he sees me here, I'm so dead.

"Achha, wait, let me think. Check if he has replied yet?" I put the call on hold and checked again but yet no reply.

So, apparently, I'd messaged, asking  Armaan if he's coming or not and he hadn't replied to my message yet.

"No." I sighed, rubbing my forehead with my fingers.

"You know what? I guess, you should leave, cause neither this guy, Armaan, seems right, nor does he seems serious about him being excited to meet you." Aashna, once again, tried to make me leave the place.

"I really think I should wait." I argued. "Well, maybe, he got caught in uhh..traffic, who knows?"

"Babe, this is Chandigarh, traffic is least of people's concern when they're running late."