17. Hungover.

Ik this sexual tension and drama makes no sense right now, but believe me, you'll understand gradually as the story unfolds.

📰 Star cricketer Shubman Gill spotted sharing a hotel room with rumoured girlfriend Ananya Singh

Kiara's POV:

I woke up with a terrible headache kicking in. The sun shone too brightly, to add to my misery.  And I felt like a rooster, who has lesser number of rods in it's eyes and can't adjust to bright light.

I groaned, trying to get up, holding my head in my hands. It felt too heavy. The blanket fall off of me and I realised I was wearing my sweats now. But how? And why can't I recall anything? 

Ugh, God, did I get drunk last night? That's so unlike me. 

I was anxious and couldn't find Shubman and.. I don't remember anything after that. Oh no, wait I do. I was drinking alcohol. How can I? I'm a med student, I know what it does to the body.

I remember sitting at the bar and ordering drinks one after the other, blabbering in front of the bartender and then going to use the washroom. But wait, did I pass out in the washroom? Oh my God, that's worse!

Where the hell am I right now?

The doormats are not in place, closet door left open, used towel on the couch and oh.. Shubman, so I'm at our hotel room. I heaved a sigh of relief finding myself safe and sound, and got out of bed groggily and walked to the washroom quietly, trying not to wake him up. I know he must've been awake till late.

It took me a minute to register how stupid I looked with my frizzy morning hair and heavy under eye bags, when I checked my face in the mirror. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and walked back to see the clock ticking 12 pm. Did I really wake up that late?

Shubman's gonna get late for work if he wakes up late too.

"Shubman." I called out. And he jerked, sitting upright in a second.

"I wasn't sleeping." He immediately said, rubbing his eyes. "Oh, it's you." He sighed.

"Who were you expecting?" I asked.

"Ananya. She stayed here last night." I frowned. "You were out and she wanted to help." He explained.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't realize I'd so many drinks and.." He got up and held my shoulders, interrupting me.

"Shh.. I get it. And it's okay to loosen yourself at times but I was worried, Kiara. My phone went off and I couldn't find you anywhere. And then I see you passed out in the washroom." He told me and I felt sorry. Extremely, genuinely sorry.

"I'm so sorry. I swear, I'll never touch drinks again.." My eyes stung with tears. I just felt too guilty not to cry.

"Shh.. I know. You shouldn't apologize. You hungover?" He asked, rubbing his thumb under my eyes and I nodded like a kid, wiping my eyes.

I stared at the used towel on the couch and he rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll put it in laundry." He said and I smiled, knowing he pays attention to what I say. And sometimes, what I don't say, too.

"Get back in bed. I'll get you pills and breakfast." He called out to me, walking in the closet.

"Yes, sir." I said playfully and he turned around, smirked and pulled his T-shirt off his head, making me screech and pull the blanket on my eyes. He laughed.

"Girls out there are dying for me to do this." He said, cockily.

"I'm dying in here. So you better put your clothes on." I replied, from inside the blanket.